What's new

What do you like on your pizza?

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
What do you guys like on your pizza?? Pizza really is an extremely personal food when it really gets down to it, with an endless number of toppings, it can be made to fit nearly any taste.

Had my favorite a couple of days ago - Pineapple, coconut, almond slivers, cashews, pepperoni, mozzarella, red sauce on a thin crust. Lots of different flavors which all meld together quite well, surprised me the first time I put it together, lol.

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
thin, coal-fired crust with fresh tomatoes, fresh handmade mozzarella, and basil. If you're ever in Atlanta, head over to Antico. It's on Hemphill rd. just behind Ga. Tech.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
The upper Midwest has a chain called Happy Joe's. The Happy Joe Special is canadian bacon and sauerkraut. It may sound gross to those of you not used to sauerkraut but it is actually the best flavor combination that I have ever had. More than a little salty though.

Since I don't have a Happy Joe's that is near to me I normally order from a local joint called Rocco's. NY style thin crust with black olives, green olives and extra cheese is my pie of choice

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Im kind of boring i guess compared to you guys. i like Jalaps, sausage, heavy sauce, and a do it yourself pizza crust mix. the stuff is actually really amazing! its called Chebe pizza mix. i follow the directions but add some ground up ghost pepper powder in it. kicks it up a notch

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Now that sounds like a great pizza. I got hooked on Hawaiian Pizza about 25 years ago from Shakeys ( Calif. pizza place ) and it appears that the Hawaiian Pizza was first originated in Canada...how bout that? http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/07/14/canadian-man-inveted-hawaiian-pizza-according-to-wikipedia-and-him/
I used to eat at Shakey's when I lived in Riverside, Ca. I miss that place, heh.

Interesting article too, never would've guessed it coming from Canada.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Im kind of boring i guess compared to you guys. i like Jalaps, sausage, heavy sauce, and a do it yourself pizza crust mix. the stuff is actually really amazing! its called Chebe pizza mix. i follow the directions but add some ground up ghost pepper powder in it. kicks it up a notch
My wife has a gluten allergy, so she makes our pizza's with home made crust that is gluten free. I kid you not, this stuff is more amazing than any pizza I've ever bought out.

Like you do with customizing it, there are some things you can do with crust that really change the whole personality of a pizza.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I used to eat at Shakey's when I lived in Riverside, Ca. I miss that place, heh.
We had Shakeys in our area too (Minnesota/ Wisconsin) up until about 10 years ago. I used to go there as a kid and it was the place that I took my first date when I was 14. The one in my hometown closed in the late 70's but there were still open locations in 2 neighboring towns that we took my kids to when they were small.

Remember their slogan? We serve fun at Shakey's...also pizza.

[video=youtube;Iz2AW_0EScg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz2AW_0EScg&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
We had Shakeys in our area too (Minnesota/ Wisconsin) up until about 10 years ago. I used to go there as a kid and it was the place that I took my first date when I was 14. The one in my hometown closed in the late 70's but there were still open locations in 2 neighboring towns that we took my kids to when they were small.

Remember their slogan? We serve fun at Shakey's...also pizza.

[video=youtube;Iz2AW_0EScg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz2AW_0EScg&feature=player_embedded[/video]
LOL, now that brings back memories! I remember playing those early arcade games while waiting for a pizza, heh.

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
While at the BOTL Herf I had the chance to eat chicago sytle deep dish pizza from giordanos and it was proably the best damn pizza I've ever ate!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I'm kinda of old school I guess. Just pepperoni, mushrooms and onions for me. With some crushed red pepper of course. Thin crust, and the sauce can't be sweet. And under no circumstances shall pineapple come within three feet of my pizza. There is a place near us that makes the dough and sauce fresh every day, best pizza I have ever had....and thanks to this thread, that is what we are having for dinner. And I think I'll have a Little Boris for dessert.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want a coconut pizza!!!!! Im not going to die until I find a coconut pizza.

Oh, I like everything on my pizza. Anchovies are pretty damn salty, so I'll pass on those. I used to work at a pizza place back when I lived in Washington. We had a pie called the Mondo Combo: Pepperoni, canadian bacon, salami, sausage, green peppers, onions, black and green olives, pineapple, and extra cheese. It was a mammoth of a pizza.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I am a classicist when it comes to pizza: New York white, with spinach. If that is not an option, then black olives or mushroom.