What's new

What do you think about Tim Tebow?

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I think he's a great guy and seems to handle wins and losses very very well. Not to mention the awesome charity work he does on his own and the charity work he's lead his team in. I work with a guy who, for whatever reason (and I have a hard time getting him to specify) he says he cant stand him. What do you think?

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
There are people that just don't like the "goodie, goodie, church going types" for whatever reasons, so don't worry about it. I am indifferent with Tebow since I'm cross country and don't watch a ton of college games, but I do think he is a great athlete and it's refreshing to have a good person doing so well instead of cocky showboaters wanting the limelight and thinking it's all about them.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
In my opinion, he is a top notch athlete and has a good head on his shoulders. He has a good outlook on life and seems to stay focused. He does seem to put everything on his shoulders though, and that's not necessarily a good thing in some situations. He's not the best quarterback out there, but he's better than average.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
He leads by example, both on and off the football field! :thumbsup:
I agree, I think he will do well in the NFL but I would like to see how he does long term. He might have to change some his running plays in the NFL due to the severity of the hits he could get. I know he is a tough one but D Back will wanting to put a licking on him

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I agree, I think he will do well in the NFL but I would like to see how he does long term. He might have to change some his running plays in the NFL due to the severity of the hits he could get. I know he is a tough one but D Back will wanting to put a licking on him
agreed, he will have to change up his game play some in the NFL, he'll risk getting hurt more than anything and his coach(es) will probably not allow it.

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
There are people that just don't like the "goodie, goodie, church going types" for whatever reasons, so don't worry about it. I am indifferent with Tebow since I'm cross country and don't watch a ton of college games, but I do think he is a great athlete and it's refreshing to have a good person doing so well instead of cocky showboaters wanting the limelight and thinking it's all about them.
I think him being the good boy he is will help at the next level. There are a lot of QBs that, the minute they go pro, they party and don't work hard. I think he will be a solid pro for several years. I would like to have him on my Eagles.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I heard a rumor Tim Tebow is Superman. :hysterica

With all the busts that r 1st round draft picks I would take Tebow over any other QB. He is tough, works hard and is a winner, he also reminds me of Big Ben who happens to own some Super Bowl Rings. Is Tebow the best QB probably not but on the right team he will do fine.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I like Tim Tebow, one of the best college athletes and should be a good pro due to his work ethic. I think why some people hate him is cause of the media attention. Man every saturday was the same thing Tebow is unstopable, Tebow is great, Florida is #1 cause of tebow....etc. so i don't hate tebow i hate when media go ga-ga over a player.

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I agree, anybody who thinks a team is made of their QB is missin the point of the game. I don't think its Tebow's talent that makes him a great player. He has a winner's heart and he's a great leader. Yes, he's a good athlete, but its his demeanor that makes him a winner.

openendstraight

Grand Corona
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
Tim is a great person, a good athlete, but just an average quarterback.

Think about all the great running quarterbacks that have played in the NFL in the last 20 years:

Randall Cunningham
Michael Vick
Steve Young

Only one has a Superbowl ring, and Tim is not even half a good as any of the three, either as a passer or a runner.

He will get drafted some where in the late second or early third round, and will be a backup most if not all of his pro career. Now before you blast these comments take a minute and think. There is nothing wrong with being a NFL backup QB. There are only 32 starting QB's in the league.

The NFL is not college. The biggest thing to get used to when going from College to the NFL as a QB is learning to take the snap from under center. Most (meaning somewhere around 85%) of the snaps a college QB will take are from the shotgun, and in the NFL it is just the opposite.

What does this mean? It means Tim just like all college QB's drafted have to learn a 3, 5, and 7 step drop. On top of that, Teabow is not very accurate, which in the NFL is a must. Just look at Russell form Oakland, he has all the physical tools to play, but he could not hit the broad side of a barn from 20 yards.

And to the person who used Big Ben as comparison, are you crazy? Ben is very accurate, and don't forget that he has a few inches and and more than a few pounds on little Timmy.

Again he is a great person.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Tim is a great person, a good athlete, but just an average quarterback.

Think about all the great running quarterbacks that have played in the NFL in the last 20 years:

Randall Cunningham
Michael Vick
Steve Young

Only one has a Superbowl ring, and Tim is not even half a good as any of the three, either as a passer or a runner.
Randall was overrated
Vick waaaaaaaaaaaaay overrated
Young was in the right system (like Montana) none of these guys had a rocket arm

I think Tebow with the right system will do fine and believe him to as good as 2 of the 3 you listed. His level head and work ethic will take him further than them and if I were a GM and he was on the board in the late 2nd round I'd take him and laugh. The Pats, Steelers, Vikings would all be good places for him to learn.

openendstraight

Grand Corona
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
Randall was overrated
Vick waaaaaaaaaaaaay overrated
Young was in the right system (like Montana) none of these guys had a rocket arm

I think Tebow with the right system will do fine and believe him to as good as 2 of the 3 you listed. His level head and work ethic will take him further than them and if I were a GM and he was on the board in the late 2nd round I'd take him and laugh. The Pats, Steelers, Vikings would all be good places for him to learn.
Again all three are better runners and passers than Tim, and two were better athletes.

And are you saying Montana was not great, he was just in the right system?

You honor I have no more questions.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I myself don't see Tebow as a pro QB. Maybe a small tight end on passing plays or full back in some sets. Hell, he may even be on the other side of the ball. The point is, he is athletic enough to play several positions with a bit of work.