What's new

What else do you collect?

Rating - 100%
137   0   0

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I collect Stephen King books in hardcover(first ed. when i can, but that is secondary) Have always loved reading his work.

There are other things I would love to collect, just haven't made time or space for them

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
You guys collect some great stuff!

Ive wanted to get into watches and wet shaving (not sure if safety or straight razor is the way too go.)

Old maps sounds tempting and dangerous as well (I have an awesome framed picture of the West Indies in my hallway that I love)

reversed from computer shot. sorry

View attachment 36544
YEAH BUDDY!

(That just got me all hot and bothered)

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Maps in foreign languages/old maps/bizarre maps
I should have known this...

Crap.. I wish I had realized it prior to reading this post though..

I literally just threw out a TON of old maps.. about 2 weeks ago... everything from travel maps to military maps.. and everything in between.. for probably 50 or 60 different places.. most of them oconus.. and almost all of them in the local language...

I dont collect maps.. I just use them regularly for work.. and have a bad habit of hoarding stuff.. I then get frustrated with all the "junk" laying around.. and every 2 or 3 years I go nuts and haul several trash cans full off stuff out of the house..
Next time ;)

I also collect flags.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I used to collect mushrooms. Kinda weird but they fascinate the crap out of me.

I also collect large crystals and rare rocks.

I'm extremely interested in hand made Tibetan style rugs.

Starting on pipes and baccy ;)

I also like antique furniture especially gothic stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use to collect pre-Castro Cuban cigar bands. I have them mounted and framed. I’ll post a few pictures of them sometime.

Then the rest:
Fly and spinner fishing stuff
Cigars and cigar ashtrays
Old Books
Scotch and bourbon glasses
Power tools for those special projects

Attachments

Last edited:

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
I collect Stephen King books in hardcover(first ed. when i can, but that is secondary) Have always loved reading his work.

There are other things I would love to collect, just haven't made time or space for them
I did the same for a long while.
Finally started selling off a few years back. I'll have to check my stash and see if I still have any firsts left for ya!

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I have a beer glass collection but other than that I don't really collect stuff. I buy bottles of booze but they are intended for drinking and thus it isn't collected just a stockpile waiting to be consumed. Same with cigars, stockpile, not collection.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I build model cars so I've got a collection of about 300 kits right now along with probably 50-60 that I've built. That's what my retirement time is going to be spent on. I also collect pre-1991 Marvel comic books (I read them all and love creasing the pages. lol!) and have a handful of cool cigar boxes and pipes. I used to collect Van Halen pins and have a VH hat that's covered with them.

Rating - 100%
33   0   1
Knives (case, etc). Probably have 300 or so pocket knives.
Music- I have around 20,000 CDs- mostly live shows and a great deal of it is grateful dead.
Instruments- at any given time I have 10-12, but I trade around a lot. Guitars, basses, mandolins, dobros.

Most importantly, Kentucky basketball memorabilia. Makers bottles, prints, signed balls, etc. I have the original 1978 championship banner- they were sold at auction a cpl years back and replaced with new ones.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I have a beer glass collection but other than that I don't really collect stuff. I buy bottles of booze but they are intended for drinking and thus it isn't collected just a stockpile waiting to be consumed. Same with cigars, stockpile, not collection.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
Exactly my philosophy. I have quite a few cigar but intend on smoking them all so don't really consider that a collection. I have a lot of beer and whiskey but plan on drinking all of that so again not a collection. I have a lot of watches but I wear them and throw out the paper work as don't plan on selling them so not really a collector there either. Few pipes but only what I need to be able to smoke what I want when I want. Bit o pipe tobacco that falls into same category as cigars... So well I may hoard I don't collect

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
When I was 18 I worked for a private sector security contractor in Iraq and Afghanistan (quit when I found out I was having a Son) and I got way into collecting weapons. Of any kind really. Most of my stuff is in storage now but I have some cool african spears and some actual iron sword fragments from the dark ages. The hilt of a viking sword from sweden, a native american bow and arrow, stuff like that.. Now that I don't work in that field I tend to collect lots of tacticool shit that I used to have to use. Like chest rigs, trauma kits, body armor. You know the usual.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
this will come as no surprise to anyone, but all my toys that are not tobacco related are nerd related; metric shit ton of Magic the Gathering cards, ton of comics, room full of books that my wife and i share, and a room full of sci-fi, fantasy, horror, and gaming books in my area.

but another vote for "it's not really a collection". the comics and books are read and reread, the gaming books and magic cards are played, and the tobacco WILL all be smoked, preferably by me or whoever i choose to hand it out to. the ONLY reason i keep the older and excess stuff is to revisit it, and in so doing revisit an old chapter in my life: who i was dating when i last played this game, the trip i was on when i first got that book, that kind of thing.