What's new

What else do you collect?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been building my library for many years. There are a few rare and collectible books, but it really is just my library. I don't really think of it as a collection.
Picture0803132033_1.jpg

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Northwest Suburbs of the Windy City of Chicago
I can barely keep focused long enough to collect or have a hobby of something. Many thought this cigar thing wouldn't last, but I guess I'm still going strong.

I have a pretty decent collection of baseball memorabilia, particularly Cubs stuff. The past few years have died down a bit in collecting, but that's more due to me becoming financially intelligent. I tend to have an addictive personality and have to be careful to live within my means. I've only recently become totally in love with the sport of boxing so I wouldn't mind getting some goods for my mancave in regards to that.

Wow, as I'm writing this, I ask my wife "do I collect anything?", mind you I've been previously married, she responds with......women.

Hangs head and walks away....

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I can barely keep focused long enough to collect or have a hobby of something. Many thought this cigar thing wouldn't last, but I guess I'm still going strong.

I have a pretty decent collection of baseball memorabilia, particularly Cubs stuff. The past few years have died down a bit in collecting, but that's more due to me becoming financially intelligent. I tend to have an addictive personality and have to be careful to live within my means. I've only recently become totally in love with the sport of boxing so I wouldn't mind getting some goods for my mancave in regards to that.

Wow, as I'm writing this, I ask my wife "do I collect anything?", mind you I've been previously married, she responds with......women.

Hangs head and walks away....
Ohhhhhh, DAMNNNNNNN! GURL!

snap, snap, snap

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been building my library for many years. There are a few rare and collectible books, but it really is just my library. I don't really think of it as a collection.
View attachment 36559
Fuck...
Yes....
That's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.
Thanks. This represents over 30 years of book buying. I still have almost every book that I've bought since I was a teenager. Of course, after spending years building this with the idea that my kids would use it someday...they go to the internet for information rather than the books. Oh well, at least they read some of them.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I collect 9mm brass, which gets rolled back into ammo, which gets turned into brass, which gets rolled back into ammo...

Yeah, I don't really collect anything.

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
View attachment 36559
Fuck...
Yes....
That's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.
Thanks. This represents over 30 years of book buying. I still have almost every book that I've bought since I was a teenager. Of course, after spending years building this with the idea that my kids would use it someday...they go to the internet for information rather than the books. Oh well, at least they read some of them.
That is absolutly beautiful.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
When I was 18 I worked for a private sector security contractor in Iraq and Afghanistan
Who did you work for? And on which contract?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I worked for DynCorp. I did various things. Mostly consulting.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Several of the guys that ran WPPS, WPPS II, WPS, Poppy Erad, and most of the other Dyn security work in both theaters.. are friends/colleagues... So are several of the guys that ran/run their LEO training/mentoring programs... (From 2003 to present)...

The former Dyn director that managed all of their DoS work in Iraq around the time you would have been there is a personal friend...

I'm assuming you were housed in the man camp in the IZ next to the PX.. Across from the old embassy? I'm probably friends with several guys that were your neighbors...

Was 18 a typo? And consultant? On security operations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk