What's new

What flavor characteristics do you most enjoy?

What flavor characteristics do you enjoy the most?

• Earth

Votes: 28 18.7%
  • Toast

Votes: 14 9.3%
  • Wood

Votes: 31 20.7%
  • Leather

Votes: 33 22.0%
  • Pepper

Votes: 58 38.7%
  • Nuts

Votes: 34 22.7%
  • Coffee

Votes: 63 42.0%
  • Creamy

Votes: 50 33.3%
  • Chocolate

Votes: 54 36.0%
  • Vanilla

Votes: 19 12.7%
  • Citrus

Votes: 19 12.7%
  • Other - See my post

Votes: 11 7.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Lately, find myself savoring the pre-light aromas (primarily from the wrapper?) as well: from the rich dark bittersweet chocolate goodness of pete's reserva broadleaf to the apple raisin cinnamon comfort of a bundled ecuadorian sungrown.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I answered OTHER only because I could not decide on one flavor. I don't think I have a pallet that refined to justify one taste. I like a cigar that has notes of coffee, chocolate, vanilla, and pepper. Some days I feeel like Earth, coffee, and pepper. So I really can't answer this like I really wat to and that would be simply...If I like it I smoke it.

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
it depends on alot of things... some days and times i crave different tastes... sometimes i want a pepper bomb, sometimes i want coffee... sometimes i want creamy.... etc

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
So many flavors that are good, just depends as some are better together than others. Generally my favorites include earth, toast, nut, coffee, and chocolate.

Dan

architeuthis

I see what you're doing!!
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
More importantly, I prefer my cigars to taste like cigars; which is why I light them up in the first place. Hints of vanilla and floral traces and all that other stuff; I dunno, maybe ya get that if ya wear skinny jeans and an ascot...

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Changes depending on mood, pairing, company, etc. However, generally the single best cigar flavor for me is when a PSD4 settles into that rich, not quite peppery caramel in the last third. BAM! That is heaven.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am a fan of a slight musk as well.

as of late Davidoff products have been moving up on my list of favorites. the Zino Classic is very good as is the Avo domaine and the Davidoff thousand series. i dont smoke them often though for two reasons:
1) price
B) i usually like a fuller bodied cigar.

usually the above mentioned are beginning of the day cigars.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Most times I like the spicy and pepper profile found in Partagas, Tats, or Pepin blends. Sometimes I prefer the cocoa in a Monte, other times I prefer the earthiness and sweetness found in maduro cigars. Also love the citrus but do not reach for them often is LGC. There is no one choice for me, depends on the mood and time what kind and size stick I grab.

I guess leather would be my least favorite of the ones mentioned above.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
More importantly, I prefer my cigars to taste like cigars; which is why I light them up in the first place. Hints of vanilla and floral traces and all that other stuff; I dunno, maybe ya get that if ya wear skinny jeans and an ascot...
Skinny jeans and an ascot don't go together... everybody knows that!

Quality, aged CC tobacco flavor is my number 1...

behind that are the notes in fuente maduros... chocolate, espresso, vanilla, creame, etc.

The skull & bones notes come in next... various types of wood, nuts, espresso, etc. these have pepper too, although pepper is not one of the notes I seek out by any stretch.