What's new

"What Grinds My Gears" Cigar Edition

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went over to a dudes house that my wife works with for a BBQ. He said he loved cigars, so I told him that if he drove us to his local B&M, I would buy him a smoke to enjoy before dinner. He chose an Opus X lancerrio worth $30.00. Ok, so I got two. One for him and I.

As we were BBQing, we smoked. We agreed that the stick was awesome (it really was), but about 1/3 of the way in, he decided he was done. I asked why - "no reason, just really can't be bothered to smoke anymore."

Mother@$%@$ - a guy buys you a stick, smoke the whole thing or at least have the grace to tell me some BS like it has too much nicotine or whatever!

Then he went on to talk politics as I smoked my stick! Seriously?! Strike two.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Honestly.. nothing...

what you do as part of your cigar experience.. is your business.. if if makes you happy.. and you enjoy it... go for it...

If I think I can help you out and show you a better way to do something.. I might offer advice.. but.. if you dont want to take it.. and keep on ashing yourself, licking sticks, scorching feet, mu'ing, etc.. more power to you.. as long as youre enjoying your experience.. awesome!

To many other things to worry about in life than to be concerned with someone elses cigar practices..

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One thing that bothers me is when a customer in a cigar store sits and then begins to espouse to the group how he can "buy x for so much less at y" - this is just bad form imo. The shop owner is providing us a place to enjoy cigars and the camaraderie of other cigar smokers and I think it is inappropriate to use this place and time to advertise on the behalf of others. Found a good deal? Share it with others online or privately, but not at the expense of your host.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
after they are done they rub it again the ground/sidewalk/ask try etc...just give it a peaceful death bro!
With out a doubt. Besides filling up the room with stale smoke, it makes their fingers smell plain awful. Not speaking from my own experience, of course.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
One thing that bothers me is when a customer in a cigar store sits and then begins to espouse to the group how he can "buy x for so much less at y" - this is just bad form imo. The shop owner is providing us a place to enjoy cigars and the camaraderie of other cigar smokers and I think it is inappropriate to use this place and time to advertise on the behalf of others. Found a good deal? Share it with others online or privately, but not at the expense of your host.
If you are lucky enough to have a lounge to go to, enjoy it. Leave the price talk to those of us forced to buy everything online.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I will use my lips to gently moisten a tip pre-cut, it's a force of habit. Have you guys literally seen someone stick their tongue out to moisten a tip?

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Dick riders grind my gears bad.

Saying every single stick from some new fad company is phenomenal just to jump on the bandwagon or not admitting when a cigar is junk just cause they want to stay loyal but then see them pitch it halfway and pretend they were done, etc.
all caldwell, all the time ;) hahahaha

and i generally couldn't care any less what someone else wants to do with their sticks, but it hurts my heart when i see people smoke an entire gar without retrohaling.

Reactions: ENV