What's new

What has suprised you lately (good or bad)?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
amazing: Cuban Partagas Serie D No. 4
horrible: every perdomo I have ever tasted!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+: Padron 1926. I know that it does not need to be said, but every damn time I smoke these things I go to another dimension. Just beyond amazing and worth repeating over and over and over and over.

-: Rocky Patel Edge. I'm gonna get jumped for it, but I just can't stand these things. It's funny how subjective cigars really are- the PR on these is very high.

Bear
Dude! at $30/stick I would just get 3 Cuban La Gloria Habana Tanos.. or 2 Cuban Trinidad Robusto Extra.

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Surprises - Man O War Ruination - One of my top Cigars and at $4 a stick its even better! I would also say That Cuesta Ray is a good one that I tried on the advice of a friend. The HL from Illusione was good also! I am amazed by each tat I smoke :halfgrinw

Also have to mention that Pete's amd Dan's Swag Pack was a great surprise.

Joya De Nicaragua was really good also, as well as Old Henry.

Negatives - Rocky Patel Decade - What a let down that was! Camacho Triple Maddie disapointed me as well, but I smoked it right out of the postman's hands so I will give it some time in the humi, I love thier original Corojo. Perdomo Lot 23 disapointed me also.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Pleasantly surprised: 5 vegas "apex". A nice box pressed toro. I used to smoke alot of these a few years back. Had one sitting in my humi since god knows when and decided to light it up on a whim. Now I remember why I bought these!!! Delicious, balanced, and affordable.

Dissapointed: Rocky Patel Decade petit corona. I read great reviews about this stick. I light it up. The 1st third is sublime. then the damn thing pulls a quick one on me... that ecuadorian sumatra wrapper took over like a dominatrix and all i could taste was a most horrible mix between pepper and newspapers. it seems every RP i smoke is AMAZING in the first third... then fails miserably :dunno:

maestrobasser

@maestrobasser
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL @ the Decade haters. :) Proud Bear- have you had the Edge Maduro, it's the only one to smoke, IMO.

Suprises: The 5 Vegas Relic. Having not thought much of their stuff in the past (even the Miami I thought was so so) I really enjoyed this stick... and hope the rest of them sitting in my humi continue in that vein.

Disappointments: Sadly, I'd have to say the Opus X. Severely overpriced, and the only stick in recent memory that made me feel sick afterwards. Probably because I just smoked a $30 stick and have enjoyed $5 sticks more. :hammersma

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Disappointments: Sadly, I'd have to say the Opus X. Severely overpriced, and the only stick in recent memory that made me feel sick afterwards. Probably because I just smoked a $30 stick and have enjoyed $5 sticks more. :hammersma
Eat before.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Surprised - PAM 64 Principe. Not much of a fan of smaller vitolas but there was incredible depth from this small cigar. Probably my next box purchase.

Disappointed - Since one would have to have great expectations in order to be disappointed I can honestly say that anything Patel never disappoints me anymore.

What did disappoint was the Diamond Crown Figurado and the Montecristo White No. 2 Belicoso. My fault really on both of these, I expected a little more from the DC but the flavors couldn't make up for lack of pop. The Monte just failed flavor wise. Construction and draw were great but...

Last edited:

dpmrpa

Indiscriminate Bomber
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Pepin Blue Label = Positive very good. Lots of flavor

Cohiba Espel.cc= Negative because it was packed to tight bursting a vein in my head trying to smoke it. Draw poker and more cutting didn't help. Was thrown away:crytears:

Josh.CHI

The Dude abides
Rating - 81.8%
10   2   0
The 5 Vegas Gold pleasantly surprised me. It was given to me by a friend, I'd never heard of it. He told me how inexpensive it was, and that coupled with the kinda hokey looking band, I figured it was a polished turd. But hey, I'm broke lately, I'll smoke it if I got it :smokingbo and damned if it wasn't a pretty good smoke!
I second the 5 vegas gold. GREAT morning smoke with the morning coffe. I had one o the way to work today. I got a 5er of 'nuggets' for $7 off cbid.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Negative... Last night I was told I could not get PSD5s EL....
Possitive... They shipped today and now I'm happy again!!

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Positives: Padilla 1948 and an aged RP Vintage 92 (they taste entirely different to me after 2 years, though it could just be me).

Negatives: Exile. I tried to give this cigar another try after my first horrible experience, but it still tasted bad. Really bad.

CoolP

Toro! Toro! Toro!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Suprise 1: Tatuaje Noella and Noella reserva. These broke me from thinking that bigger is better and started an exploration of smaller cigars for me... Thanks Pete!
Surprise 2: Cusano Habano. These came as a freebie in my very first mass purchase in september. I thought they would be dogs, but it exploded with flavors of nuts and cinnamon. I was shocked and supprised. 4 months in the humidor may have been a factor.
Negative 1: RP Gold-BLAH! GRASS, NICOTINE
Negative 2: Gurkha Triple ligero BLAH! Tatsted like air! not Ligero like a LFD Ligero.