What's new

What is in your Bug Out Bag (BOB)?

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Stupid question for you guys from the other side of the pond.

When will you ever need to use one of these setups ?
In reality, probably never. Every person that I've ever known who has used their BOB for emergency use... they used it at home during natural disasters.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1

When the President's new Civilian Security Force (Homeland Security) starts rounding us up!

Rating - 100%
17   0   0

Zombies Dude, Duh!
and i thought it was when your wives actually find out how much you spend on cigars LOL!

Our Zombies in Britain are all employed in our parliament and the House of lords. Aren't yours in government ?

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
and i thought it was when your wives actually find out how much you spend on cigars LOL!

Our Zombies in Britain are all employed in our parliament and the House of lords. Aren't yours in government ?
LOL. Seriously a BOB is no different than a insurance policy. You pay car insurance or home owners and my never use it but it's nice to have should the need arise same with a BOB.

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
I used mine last summer when they told me i had 5 min to get out because of a fire nearby, i only used a sweatshirt and some candy out of it because i was at a shelter, but the point is i had what i needed in that short of time.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
EXCELLENT mindset right there!!

a mil bag just draws attention when you are not bugging out (IMHO)... and makes you a target when you are... I dont want my bag to look like anything other than something Ive just got some stuff in... no reason to lead people to the conclusion (whether correct or not) that there would be anything "military" or survival related in my car or on my person.. (something they would want)...

I've got a pretty nondescript north face pack that I use.. far more comfortable to hump than my old ALICE pack.. much lower profile.. and honestly, is better made/designed.. I dont travel domestically or internationally looking like anyone that is or was ever mil.. I dont use sea-bags (army duffle), aviator kit bags, or anything "tactical" looking. with PALS webbing all over it, etc.. I dont wear 5.11's or camo.. etc...

When I actually get to "the field".. different story..

but when in transit (or bugging out).. I want to be as low profile as I possibly can be.. the last thing I want is extra attention..

my small pack (stays in the car):

my large pack (much more extensive BOB).. :

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
I'm on the road a bit, so I call my bag my "get home bag"

It's got a water purifier, small camp stove, white fuel, pot to boil water, some dehydrated food packs, several way to light a fire, tarp, poncho, extra socks, a few different sized knives, compass, mirror, 100 rds ammo, red light, cash and silver. It's ALWAYS within about 500 feet of me.

I'm rarely more than 250 miles from the house so it's enough to get me through for a week or so while I fast hump it back to the homestead and the family.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Black is not a color commonly found in nature... Certain shades of black can actually make you stand out like a turd in a punch bowl at night... Darkness is not truely black.. It is simply the absence of light...

If you want to move stealthy at night, stick to dark earth tones and break up your outline (humans have a distict shape that stands out against natural objects)...

There is a reason US military units don't use black as a base color in combat uniforms anymore...

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Dave beat me to it.
You would not believe how much an all black gun visually jumps out at night time.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
The ones you see do lol...

The ninjas that go completely undetected are wearing dark sage, coyote brown, and forest green :)

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Listen to this guy
Black is not a color commonly found in nature... Certain shades of black can actually make you stand out like a turd in a punch bowl at night... Darkness is not truely black.. It is simply the absence of light...

If you want to move stealthy at night, stick to dark earth tones and break up your outline (humans have a distict shape that stands out against natural objects)...

There is a reason US military units don't use black as a base color in combat uniforms anymore...

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
well i have just recieved my New(used) sleeping bag. i think it will work great. it is mil surplus but it is in great shape