What's new

What is your favorite lighter?

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
The Prometheus Ultimo X was my favorite for a while until it crapped out on me. I sent it back and had it replaced in a few weeks but then it happened again. Spark would not ignite the gas.

I also liked the Prometheus Magma T. Although less practical because of its size it had an awesome flame and large resevoir. Unfortunately after several years of so much use, particualrly the bottom punch cut, it has lost control of its gas level and spits out 4 foot high flames. If I keep using it Ill be drawing my eye brows on.

NoBrows.jpg

The punch cut seems clever but the remnant tobacco gets stuck it gets pushed up against the gas level control, over and over again.

So now Im uing a Jet Line Touch, its pretty sweet but just a bit too big. Fuggedaboutit!

DeArman_93

Joshua 1:9
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've gone through a few torches, a couple of cheaper plastic Lotus's, a Lotus Mustang (left it on a rock at the creek after a hike :banghead:) a Xikar Enigma II, and now I'm on a Xikar Axia. The Axia's been my favorite so far, only lights a few cigars before needing refilled but that's no big deal to me, the ergonomics are fantastic!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can anybody make a recommendation for me?
I'd like a handheld lighter, 3 flame, that I can refill without the process of purging any excess gas, lowering the flame to the lowest setting, filling, waiting a few minutes for it to warm up, and then readjusting the flame height. I haven't had a handheld lighter that lights consistently (or at all) if this process is not followed.
I have the Alec Bradley table lighter which is nice and because it has a big knob, you just stick the butane in and fill, but want something portable. Maybe at least a handheld where the gas output/flame height can be changed without a tool.
Thanks

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Can anybody make a recommendation for me?
I'd like a handheld lighter, 3 flame, that I can refill without the process of purging any excess gas, lowering the flame to the lowest setting, filling, waiting a few minutes for it to warm up, and then readjusting the flame height. I haven't had a handheld lighter that lights consistently (or at all) if this process is not followed.
They all work better if you follow this process. The Alec Bradley just has such a huge tank and pushes through so much gas it doesn't need it. But anything with a smaller tank will need to be bled and let rest before using. Just the nature of using a smaller tank and smaller flame.

I do have a handheld triple flame Xikar (http://www.xikar.com/products/lighters/table-top/) that works ok without going through the process, but its not a pocket-sized lighter, and even that works better if you purge first.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For now, I'm using a Vector triple torch and a butane insert into my Zippo. I think I prefer soft flame, but the torch is nice when the wind is an issue. Eventually I may get a Prometheus, but I've heard a lot of QC issues from them lately.