What's new

What is your favorite pistol?

mercop

Cigar Daddy
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Mine alwasys was the Glock19, since it is what carried. Had to hand it back to the man when I retired though. These days it is a Glock 23 in 40 S&W that I had. I will be ordering the barrels and mags for it in 9MM and 357 Sig since when I train an agency I have them pay for my ammo. This gives me the best platform.

I am also a fan of the wheelgun. Overall favorite is my Ruger Speed Six 357 Liberty model issued to the DE State Police in 1976. These days when I do carrie a wheelie is it a duracoated Tuarus M85 Ultra Lite.

Anothe great wonder 9MM is the CZ 75.

What are some of your favorites?

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
I'm fairly sure you can't drop in a 9mm barel on a 40 cal Glock unless there is an adaptor I don't know of. Shells are different diamater so would not fit extractor claw and eject.

If I had to pick a few favorites are:

S&W 66 .357 4" with night sights is my favorite wheel gun and my wifes as well.
Glock 19
Sig 226
Sig 239
Most well built .45's. Two of my very favorites are a Para Limited I triked out a bit and a custom I built from a Comander lower with an Officers upper.
Sig 230 is best .380 I ever shot
Ruger .22 pistols, MK II or MK III especialy. I have a hunter model
Most often carry a Kel Tec PF-9 or Kel Tec P-32

But if I had one handgun for hell broke out duty, it would be my Glock 34 with dot optics and big mags. Ranger +P+ of course.

I agree on the CZ line, although I don't have one

mercop

Cigar Daddy
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
They have drop in barrels for the Glock that make it the same size. It works, no issues.

Gotta love the Ruger MK II. I took a ground hog off hand at 75 yards last summer. Head shot, luck shot. Gonna shoot mine tomorrow.

amgracing

///M POWERRR
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I have a few S&W's not sure what kind they are but all 3 are .38 cal. they're mine but stay at my grandparents house, next time I go up there ill check and bring them home

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
They have drop in barrels for the Glock that make it the same size. It works, no issues.
I understand the barrels drop in, what do you do about the slide not fitting the rim of the cartridge? You can go 40/357 Sig because they use the same rim size, Also .45 and 400 corbon, but 9mm Para does not match up with a 40 cal slide.

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
.44 Mag Desert Eagle
Gotta disagree with you on that one. Thing weighs a ton, ballance is all in the front and seen to many with feed problems.

Hell of a piece of engeneering, pure testosterone to shoot (especialy in 50AE) but for it's weight and size you can do much better. S&W 629 5" will out shoot it all day long with loads from 44SPL to full Mags. Super Redhawk will handle much hotter hand loads for hunting the big stuff.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Hey, the question was just "favorite handgun", didn't say anything about practicality. :wink:

I can't narrow it down to just one, impossible. Kind of like cigars for me, I like variety. That being said, I'm partial to H&K, SIG and there's just something about a well made, custom .45.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I used to love my Ruger 9mm I had years ago. Fired many rounds through that gun and never had any issues. I got rid of that one a long time ago and still regret it.

Now my favorite (if not for sentimental reasons) is the pistol my father gave me for christmas a couple of years ago. It was his carry weapon when he was a police officer in the 60s. A 1950's model Colt Python 357mag 6in barrel. He had it re-nickled and completely reworked before he gave it to me. Needless to say, this is a great gun and accutate as anthing I have ever fired.

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
I used to love my Ruger 9mm I had years ago. Fired many rounds through that gun and never had any issues. I got rid of that one a long time ago and still regret it.

Now my favorite (if not for sentimental reasons) is the pistol my father gave me for christmas a couple of years ago. It was his carry weapon when he was a police officer in the 60s. A 1950's model Colt Python 357mag 6in barrel. He had it re-nickled and completely reworked before he gave it to me. Needless to say, this is a great gun and accutate as anthing I have ever fired.
That is one hell of a gun, one of the very best production revolvers ever made, it's more than a clasic, it's a legend.

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
Hey, the question was just "favorite handgun", didn't say anything about practicality. :wink:

I can't narrow it down to just one, impossible. Kind of like cigars for me, I like variety. That being said, I'm partial to H&K, SIG and there's just something about a well made, custom .45.
Yea, I can get a bit too passionate about my firepower.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Like Jason, I love variety and have carried many and had many favorites over the years. I carried a Colt Officer's model for many years. I loved the size and accuracy of that little .45. Later I switched to a S&W 649. After that it was another S&W, a 4516. The Sig 226 was always a favorite, but I eventually opted for smaller with the 228. Lately, I have been carrying a Ruger P94, which, surprisingly, is one of the most accurate pistols I have ever fired. There were other favorites along the way: S&W 66 & 36, Ruger GP 100 and SP 101 and, as Mitch mentioned, a Sig 230, which is my all-time favorite in .380.

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Favorite for what? You're not gonna make me choose just one, are ya?

Overall, my favorite pistol is my Kimber Classic Stainless, chambered in .45 ACP, pictured in this thread along with others from the safe. Not shown there, is my Kahr PM9...my favorite itty-bitty-hides-almost-anywhere pistol for those times I can't conceal the Kimber.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Sig 229, I have the .40 cal and 9Mm barrels for it, and wanted the .357 barrel for Father's day, buti went to Bill's Herf instead. Haven't been able to shot much recently, due to working so much.

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
I understand the barrels drop in, what do you do about the slide not fitting the rim of the cartridge? You can go 40/357 Sig because they use the same rim size, Also .45 and 400 corbon, but 9mm Para does not match up with a 40 cal slide.
Dam, researched this on the web and learned something. I keep reading that it's not recomended for anything but range time and tends to throw brass straight back, but it works. I didn't think the 40 extractor and ejector would work on a 9mm case at all. Have you considered a .22 conversion for the Glock, way cheaper in the long run?

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
Sig P220 and my HK P7M8 and I carry my personal 92F Beretta on duty.. As they just approved the P220 for carry.. Yipppppeeeeee
Love that squeeze cocker, got to shoot one over in europe when working with NATO. Wish it had a biger mag, but liked the way it shot bunches! I also have a 220, like it a lot, but in 45 my 1911's still have my heart.