What's new

What is your "go to" whiskey for everyday drinking?

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I've got a number of open bottles that I like to rotate through. If I had to pick a few bourbons I like, both taste and price (for a daily), probably Knob Creek Single Barrel store picks (12-13 yrs is optimal for me), 4 Rose's Single Barrel, McKenna 10, Eagle Rare. I've recently discovered Virgin Bourbon 7/101 to be tremendous for the $13 price tag. I love me some Weller12 too, but I usually save it for special occasions...
I've been thinking about picking up a bottle of the Virgin 101 to try. In my local store though, it's conveniently on the shelf directly below the Wild Turkey 101. I always end up grabbing the wild turkey because it's tried & true. But since you mentioned it I'll grab a bottle. Heck for the price if it turns out not to be that great I can mix it with a Coke or something.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I've been thinking about picking up a bottle of the Virgin 101 to try. In my local store though, it's conveniently on the shelf directly below the Wild Turkey 101. I always end up grabbing the wild turkey because it's tried & true. But since you mentioned it I'll grab a bottle. Heck for the price if it turns out not to be that great I can mix it with a Coke or something.
It reminds me of the recently discontinued Heaven Hill 6 yr Bonded. It should, I guess, same distiller, a year older and 1 point higher in proof. Glad I found the Virgin, as I was pretty disappointed about the HH6BiB cancellation.