What's new

What is your home espresso setup?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Getting ready to purchase an espresso machine for the house just curious if anyone here has one, what it is, and are you happy with it? So whats your setup?

TheCigarKid

Cigaraholic
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I would suggest getting a Rancilio if anything, a little pricey but will last a very long time and is all stainless steel. I'm no expresso expert, but I know a few crazies.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Now keep in mind Pat, a college student is on a tight budget, you gotta keep enough money for cigars too!

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Nespresso...not too authentic, but the espresso is pretty good for the price and ease of use.

Boosted

War Eagle!!!
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I use a Breville 800ESXL. It's a great machine, but it took me forever before I really knew how to use it. Also, I'm really lazy, and will just go to starbucks.

okia42

Billy
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I have an espresso italia machine. It is excellent. It uses pods so that can be a little annoying because you have to order them online. But its fast, stays clean, and makes a great coffee.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Now keep in mind Pat, a college student is on a tight budget, you gotta keep enough money for cigars too!
Well I'm out of storage for cigars at the moment with no plans to add any more. So at the moment no need to buy any cigars. Also I sold a bunch of fishing equipment that I never use anymore and figured I'd roll that money into a new hobby.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I would suggest getting a Rancilio if anything, a little pricey but will last a very long time and is all stainless steel. I'm no expresso expert, but I know a few crazies.
This is the same machine I have and haven't come across anything that will rival it for the price point.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0

Ok, we are looking to get one of these for us now we are married. Any brothers here to buy from where a good deal might be had? PM me

Deemancpa

Hook'em Horns
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Saeco Incanto classic from Seattle Coffee Gear. It's an automatic, just push a button for fresh expresso. I had a Rancillio but didn't want to worry about the right tamp, grinder or doing so much in the morning. The key is a good grinder in the $200-400 range. With my Saeco, I can dose up to 9 grams of coffee per shot. It is virtually easy to operate once you jump the learning curve hurdle. I use La Vazza coffee(gold) is the best for thick crema.
I posted pictures awhile ago on the forum.
D-

klipsch

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'd suggest popping into the Coffeegeek Forum and do some research there. I unloaded my espresso gear last summer after realizing that I wasn't using it anywhere near as much as I thought I would after having it for a couple of years. I had a Paquini Livia 90 Semi Auto and a Macap M4 Stepless Grinder. The grinder you use is the most important part of making espresso, and to get anything usable it's gonna run you $300+.
As far as the stovetop route. The only pot I would recommend is a Brikka, as it brews with some pressure behind it. It's not going to be "espresso" by definition (no stovetop pot will produce real espresso), but it'll make a nice brew that may likely satisfy the urge you're trying to quench. Most people don't realize how frustrating it can be trying to make good espresso. Behind all of the equipment purchases, technique comes into play. Even on the best of days...you may grind/brew 1-3 sink shots, before getting everything dialed in for something palatable. Think this one through very carefully, because you can spend a lot of money on equipment, that could easily buy you shots at the local shop for several years.

Last edited:

Ed Monton

Sir Winston
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
How do you like the stove-top model? I would much rather pay $10-$20 than $80 for the same result
Stove top is a great way to make coffee but it's like anything else, you get what you pay for so don't cheap out. Buy one of the decent Italian made makers and not a cheap Chinese imitation.