What's new

What Is Your Preferred Cigar Cut Of Choice?

What Is Your Preferred Cigar Cut Of Choice?

• Straight

Votes: 142 75.1%
  • V (Wedge)

Votes: 27 14.3%
  • Punch (Bullet)

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • Multiple Slit (Shuriken)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, the Xikar v-cutter is tops for me as well. The wedge on that cutter is deeper than most. Shallow v-cuts do nothing but create tar build-up for me.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I like a Xikar straight cut (years and years) but I used a Palio for the first time a couple months ago and I may have to give it a little more testing before I decide.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
depends on the mood... and the cigar...

but the vast majority of the time its a straight cut with my plain old xikar xi2... (just seems to be what I reach for most of the time...)...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always been a fan of the straight cut. Hell it's worked perfectly for this long, if ain't broke don't fix it. Though I think the V-cut is kind of cool. That shuriken thing is just terrifying, Haha!

Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Used to always use straight, then started using xikar v cutter or punch for almost everything, bc I liked how it kept the cap cleaner and neat, until I had a rash of tar build ups one after another it seemed...so now back to the "never fails" straight cut and sometimes bust out the v or punch with the straight on hand jic. Ive been using a Cuban crafters straight, which works ok but would like to get a palio one day if I stumble across a deal on one.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
231   0   0
I prefer the xikar v cutter also that thing works great, and if its a big ring I`ll do the cross cut, anything like a torpedo or if I don`t have my v cut with me I use my xikar multi tool scissors. They are on my keys and almost always with me and they work great for taking just a little across the top. I`m a fast smoker so the v cut gives me a litte tighter draw.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using the Xikar x8. Clean cut; no problems. I'm just a straight cut fan. I use my V-cutter once in a blue moon

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to punch almost exclusively, but like others, the tar issues became too much. Now I do straight cuts with the Cuban Crafters "perfect cutter". It has a built in backing so you get the same effect as placing your cutter flat on a table but it's much more convenient and no-hassle. It also has a small hole in the backing so you can still cut torpedos. I've never really tried the v-cut but I think I'll give it a shot after reading some of the comments here. I was thinking about trying the shuriken, too, but it looks like that isn't worth the time.

http://www.cubancrafters.com/products/GOLD-CIGAR-CUTTER-%2d-CUBAN-CRAFTERS-CARBON-FIBER-PERFECT-CUTTERS-%2d-CUTS-THE-EXACT-AMOUNT-OFF-THE-CIGAR-HEAD-%2d-FOR-ALL-RING-GAUGES.html

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Sometimes I'm lazy and go with the "other". I simply wet the cap and peel it off with my finger nail. Other method used if I don't have a cutter in my pocket is a very sharp knife to slice around the cap doing essentially same thing as my wet and peel method. If it's a pig tail cap a lot of times I just wet the cap then it's just pinch and twist.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Generally I prefer a punch, but have started using the straight cutter more these days. Always use the straight cutter for any pigtails, torpedos, etc.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Initially I wasn't a fan of the v-cut, my only experience was with the cheap P.O.S I currently own. However, I now borrow a buddy's xikar and it cuts to almost twice the depth, and the draws have been great. If you want to talk pairings though, use a wedge with a box-press.....epic!