What's new

What is your temp./humidity pref.?

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
I have read wher 70F/70% humidity is the best. But then i have read other than that.

What is the absolute highest humidity level you want to allow your humi to get?
What is the lowest?

Same two questions for temperature.

I am speaking of desktop humi's now. I have a cooler I am thinking of putting into use... but need to read more about setting it up.

The reason I ask these things is because looking at season packs I see them range in humidity level from 65%, 69%, 72% and 84%... why the different ranges if 70% humidity is the best?

Now on a couple of sites I read the ultimate humidity level for smoking a cigar is 65% on another 73%... what gives?

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I like to try to keep the humidity in the range of 63-66%. And the temp below 70 degrees.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
unless you have a cooled cabinet, you dont have much of a choice on what temperature that you store them at. if your room gets too warm, a basement or dark closet, or placing the humidor on the floor can help. regarding humidity, I look at 65% as a target. my main reason is that there are a few good products that will help keep your cigars at the 65% level, and they can be used to together to help maintain that humidity level.

for example, in an igloo, you can use 65% Heartfelt beads, or 65% Bovedas, or you can use both at once. Now you will have two good products insuring your humidity level.

I have my Cabinets set to keep my humidity at about 65%. I also have 65% beads in the cabinet, along with Bovedas placed in the singles drawer. With the Accumonitors already taking care of the majority of the work, the beads just act as a little extra protection. The Bovedas are so easy, you just place them wherever they fit, and they last a long time because the Accumonitor is doing most of the work already.

If you prefer closer to 70%, then 70% Heartfelt beads, along with 69% bovedas will do the trick.

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Almost depends on what your smoking.
My preferences are 63-65 % with ideal temps under 70, never above 75.
That being said I've had em wetter than rain and hotter than hell and when I fixed the problems, they smoke just fine. I guess I'm saying, it doesn't have to be brain surgery, a little fluxuation is gonna happen and it ain't the end of the world or your cigars.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Temp set at 68, ranges from 67-69
Humidity set at 65, ranges from 64-68%

This is from top to bottom year round, my cabinet is packed and airflow is limited. This is still within tolerances but it it held a steady 68/65 before this years purchases packed it to the gills.

I'll not have this problem after I win the Avallo Raffle:peace:

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
My humidity ranges anywhere from 63-66% and my temp ranges from 68-73 degrees.