What's new

What is your temp./humidity pref.?

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I like keeping the walk-in at 64% and 65 deg. But since it is cold out the temp is down to 60 deg.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
65-67% for most of the dominicans, etc. and 64-66% for "everything else". Average of about 68 degrees - about 65 as a low in the winter and 72 or so as a high in the summer.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What he said!
Yep!

Going below your ideal temp for a while is no big deal, but going above can be deadly. One of my desktop humis didn't fare well post-Katrina flood, because it got too bleeping hot for too bleeping long, being stuck in a storage facility.

No Habanos in that one, though :waving:

Also, I like drier...64-68% RH tops. Except for about 3 months, I'm usually more worried about keeping my humidity down than up.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does anyone have experience or foresee problems with storing cigars (mostly CC's) below 60 degrees? I keep a steady RH of 65% in my coolerdor, but in the basement, during the winter, it stays at a constant 57-58 degrees. (It takes some extra work, of course, to keep it at that level in the winter.)

This is the first winter I have it, and out of fear for the damage the cold may do, I'm juggling my whole collection in a series of tupperware containers.

So does storing cigars at 57-58 degrees present any problems?

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Well just remember that warm air has a greater capacity for RH. It might be tough to keep it at 65% RH at temps that low.

I don't see any problems other than keeping the RH up.

Maybe some other guys can shed some more light

architeuthis

I see what you're doing!!
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I try for 60% RH and the temp stays right around 70 degrees where my huge-ador resides. Actually, I've not put any water in this thing in a long long time, as Houston is so naturally humid. In the summer I have to open it and blow a fan into it for an hour every week to keep the RH from going up to 70% of it's own accord.

Coolerdor is too new and too close to empty to have anything to report with it. I do keep it filled with empty cigar boxes though.

Thanks.