What's new

What I've been up to.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
If you can tap into the "gun" community.. you'll sell the hell out of those things...

"bullet" pens I have seen frankly are most often cheaply made (china), lack any detail or custom touches, etc.. and are usually anywhere from $10-$30 (for crap)... yours are a far better product..

you should stop by the NRA museum in Fairfax on your way in or out of town one day.. they are carrying some of the crappy bullet pens in their museum gift shop... I bet you my next paycheck they would be interested in carrying some of your pens either as a stock item or on consignment...
I agree totally with AND think there is a whole lot of... transve..no..transmarket... Intermarket...intramarket...whatever... Appeal here!

I talked my sister and mom into the fact that their grand/daughter would be interested... They are convinced.... And on that note...
I need 3more for nieces. Any idea when you'll be restocked Grrr?
And where's the damn emoti with the mule drawing a cart and a big ass bullwhip egging him on?...Hoshy you hearing this troof I'm laying down... These emoti leave a lot to be desired...oh well...

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Well so much for my plans of making pipe tampers last night. But I did get an order of 10 pens and a display rack. Friend wants to put them in his store. I have another order and display to do but I just can't get to it.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Well so much for my plans of making pipe tampers last night. But I did get an order of 10 pens and a display rack. Friend wants to put them in his store. I have another order and display to do but I just can't get to it.
I'm glad your getting recognition and that folks want your fine work. This is why I dont push my horns too much, I dont want it to turn into a job, then I wont enjoy it anymore. hey, dont forget to let me know what I owe for the black tamper...

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I'm glad your getting recognition and that folks want your fine work. This is why I dont push my horns too much, I dont want it to turn into a job, then I wont enjoy it anymore. hey, dont forget to let me know what I owe for the black tamper...
Yup, that's why I never got into selling any of my stuff but I needed to make this hobby self supporting and hopefully help support my pipes. I'm gonna make tampers and pipe racks to sell also if I ever get to that. Also pipe cabinet planned. I just needed to get the big order done so now it's just keeping them in stock, if they sell that is.

Made 8 pens last night. The most in one night. Took me 3 weeks just to get enough to stock my etsy store. And now I only have 3 left there. Lol

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I know what ya mean, I am "trying" to get my horn stock built back up but just can't make headway. Seems like the days are getting shorter or I just can't keep up anymore... Not that I am saying old age:eek:

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Here's what I've gotten done lately. Besides a ton a Christmas presents. The wife loves my pens. Dam that almost sounded bad. Anyway.

This is a Bocote Rollerball.

A wavy grained Mahogany.

The rest are mystery wood. It was a scrap I have had for years. No one can identify it. I thought it was walnut at first. But I have been corrected. Anyways

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Here's what I've gotten done lately. Besides a ton a Christmas presents. The wife loves my pens. Dam that almost sounded bad. Anyway.

This is a Bocote Rollerball.

A wavy grained Mahogany.

The rest are mystery wood. It was a scrap I have had for years. No one can identify it. I thought it was walnut at first. But I have been corrected. Anyways

I love them all but really enjoy the capped one (second from the left) very nice work

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Hard to say by the pics, but if I were guessing, I'd say it's wenge. It has the look of walnut with a crazy grain. Roller balls eh? May be getting another pen. Oh, and deer antler turns fine, harder than wood, but the only thing ya have to watch is the pithy center. That part is real soft and crumbles quick when your turning it. I have turned a lot of antler tips for horns, it threads very nice. Try for straight tine toward the end, there isn't any pith there.