What's new

What kind of cutter do you use?

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Xikar for the house.
And a Don Salvatore twist punch on the keys(solid construction ) you just twist to expose the punch..
It does not separate so it does not come off in my pocket or in the car..:smokingme

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
...but lately Ive been using a cheap "V" cutter. If anyone knows of a nice $25-$40 "v" cutter let me know!
I don't think they exist any more. I tried doing some research to find one about a year ago, especially the Prometheus. One of our BOTL vendors was kind enough to tell me that he wasn't carrying them any more because their quality just wasn't there. I tried some mid-priced ones from Connecticut Valley Tobacco's ebay shop, and they sucked big time. I kept sending them back for replacement and finally got disgusted, gave up and took something else (I forget whether it was a refund or another accessory).

At one time V-notch cutters were very popular, and you had a huge variety of reasonably priced, good cutters from which to choose. Lately, I have given up and switched to a Palio, which I love. I don't miss the notch cut any more.

Fidel

Deceased Dictator
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Love my Palio:awholelot - practically stole it on ebay. Have a Victorinox backup:stretchgr

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Sorry Tom I didn't go that far back in the forum to find that thread. Is anyone using a punch or v-cutter?

I posted this in another thread but I'm not sure how to link to it or if you can so here it is again.

If you like a punch cutter, try the Xikar Wolf Double Punch. I bought one from my local cigar shop for $19.95. The larger of the two punches on it (42 ring gauge) makes a large hole which opens a 50 ring cigar just about as much as a double G gutter would. Check out this link to Cigar Extras.com. It has a good picture of the cutter. I’ve seen it on other sites also and you may be able to find it on sale. I also have a standard bullet punch and the cutter on that one fits inside the smaller of the two cutters on this double punch. It makes a nice size hole and may be what you’re looking for. I use double G cutters and this one. Like them both.

http://www.cigarextras.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=284

Rating - 100%
21   0   0

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I have a Burlwood Palio and a Xikar Double Blade Cutter in Titanium , I like both, just depends on the mood of the day , of what I grab when I walk out of the house......

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
My favorite is a cutter that was a freebie. My local had a Cusano event and they were giving away a cutter that had a block on it. I don't know how many of you have seen this but it takes just the right amount of the cap off by blocking the cigar from being put in too far.

When I lend this to anyone, I have to keep a good eye on it. I'm thinking of attaching a hubcap to it.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
My favorite is a cutter that was a freebie. My local had a Cusano event and they were giving away a cutter that had a block on it. I don't know how many of you have seen this but it takes just the right amount of the cap off by blocking the cigar from being put in too far.

When I lend this to anyone, I have to keep a good eye on it. I'm thinking of attaching a hubcap to it.
I have a MeanSardine that has that.. it works nicely!!:eyebrow: