What's new

what made you buy your first box?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well for me it was something I felt I had tried enough not to "out grow it"....
FWIW for. that list i would go for the tat black. both the la aroma and the duena are great (LOVE the la duena!), but the black is not regular production. pick up the black while you can, and you can always revisit the other two in fivers or boxes down the road. o)
thanks for providing me with justification ammo to my partner. hahahahah

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First box was AB Tempus Terra Nova's. I was just getting into cigar smoking, I knew I liked them & could buy them FAR CHEAPER online(like half the cost) than picking them up at the BM. It was an easy decision. I ordered the box and at the time, they became my go to cigar as I sampled other cigars. Haven't smoked another since the last one left my humidor.... Not because I didn't still enjoy them, just haven't bought anymore.... Soooo many cigars, so little time.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I wanted Habanos and buying by the box is the norm for Habanos... So I got some BGMs. Slippery slope....

I generally don't buy boxes of noncubans simply because there are so many I love and 5-10 packs can be found for prices that are similar to the savings you get on a whole box.

My vote is for the la Dueña though.

Gar

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My first box was Coronado by La Flor Dominicana. It was the first stick I could consistently smoke and get flavor changes every time.

Rating - 91.7%
12   1   0
My first box purchase was the My Father Le Bijou Petit Robusto, it was the first cigar i couldnt get enough of and i still keep a good stock of them to this day.

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Thomas Hinds Dominican wrapper with the white label back in the mid 90's.. Anyone remember those?
Toronto, Canada?

Yeah still not horrible, but my taste have drastically changed since my first TH.

My first FULL box was a box of DPG BLUE A's, and I did so because I knew that I couldn't smoke them fast or all the time.

I wanted to start a collection, and I still even have a few left.

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Joining a local cigar club made me buy my first box. It was a box of AF 858 Maduros. Now, those seem like child's play. Haha

- Shark

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Thomas Hinds Dominican wrapper with the white label back in the mid 90's.. Anyone remember those?
yup, remember them. and i remember when bahia was HTF, and people were chasing la gloria like it had heroin in it (to be fair, early ernesto DID rock hard!).

having never answered the actual question, my first box was mayorga maduro robustos. there was a very short window where they made some decent stuff, and like $3 and under a stick, 20ct box, it seemed a good deal. or i was high and they never were worth a damn, i can barely remember two weeks ago, let alone a dozen years ago. packaging, and price, and a style i liked (box press, maduro, medium plus). yeah, impulse buy. o)

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Joining a local cigar club made me buy my first box. It was a box of AF 858 Maduros. Now, those seem like child's play. Haha

- Shark
Fuente chateau sun grown. I was a HUGE fan of Fuente when I first started out and loved the sun growns a lot. The chateau just happened to be the cheapest of them :)
I still love both of those...
:dunno:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i too am a fan of the ten count box. With a ten count box, i feel you get a great amount of cigars without breaking your bank account.

Andrew
I don't know about everyone else, but I am a fan of the 10 count box. Mostly because I don't have a ton of storage space. I wish more varieties were offered in that size. And I don't think you will get tired of a smoke if you only have the 10.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
bought my 1st box cause it was cheaper per stick if you bought a box. tat havana vi

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
My first box was of the Montecristo No.4
After smoking one with a little over 3 years on it, I knew that I couldn't go wrong and wanted to get some age on some of my own ASAP.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
bought my 1st box cause it was cheaper per stick if you bought a box.
Yeah I'm surprised at how many people starting out actually were disciplined enough to think I may not like this enough to smoke/buy a whole box or just waited to buy one. I do that NOW but I learned to do that. Just gettin in the game, $89.00 I think it was then for a box of 25 Dominican monte afriques that were $7-8 bucks a stick made me but my first box.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
First box was Camacho 1962 torpedoes. Good then, but with five years of age they are sublime. I think I have maybe one or two left. Those earlier Camacho sticks were really good....

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
When I made captain for the first time, I bought my first box of 'gars to commemorate the occasion. I fell for the Gurkha marketing and was a bit disappointed in them, but happy nonetheless.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2