What's new

What price is a cheap, quality cigar to you?

What constitutes a cheap, quality cigar to you?

• Total voters

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Simple question. What price range constitutes cheap to you for a quality cigar? I don't mean swisher sweets here. More along the lines of high-end production sticks, something good. Just curious to see the consensus on BOTL.

Last edited:

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Think this question should actually be, which price point do most of your purchases fall in. Gets to the point more. "Cheap" is relative.
I see your point. I purchase a lot less "cheap" cigars, though. The price point of my median purchase is well above what I consider "cheap." My hope in this poll was to quantify the relativeness of what we consider "cheap." My curiosity lies more in an expected price point for "cheap." Maybe my nose has just been buried too deeply in my actuarial books lately lol.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I am always in search of Epic cigars so if the stick is good enough I can find it cheap at $20 or $30. If it is an good stick maybe might be cheap at $10 and if only ok maybe at $5. I try to keep price away from my buying so I can look for the best cigars at any price.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Simple question. What price range constitutes cheap to you for a quality cigar? I don't mean swisher sweets here. More along the lines of LEs and high-end production sticks, something good. Just curious to see the consensus on BOTL.
Since you mention LE and high-end production, I would have to say 8-10 would be 'cheap' in that respect.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Thanks to CI, the Monster, and cigar.com I smoke Cain F, Pepin blue, Cubao, and many other 6-8 dollar cigars for $4 a pop as often as I want. That to me is cheap for a great cigar. I smoke a lot of cigars that cost more but that's out of the range of what I feel is cheap.

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I can find sticks that I enjoy in the $4-5 range that I would consider "cheap" (inexpensive is a better term as I find "cheap" tends to seem negative). Most things under $4 tend to leave me unimpressed...but there have been exceptions to that rule

Rating - 100%
68   0   1
I can find sticks that I enjoy in the $4-5 range that I would consider "cheap" (inexpensive is a better term as I find "cheap" tends to seem negative). Most things under $4 tend to leave me unimpressed...but there have been exceptions to that rule
Thanks to CI, the Monster, and cigar.com I smoke Cain F, Pepin blue, Cubao, and many other 6-8 dollar cigars for $4 a pop as often as I want. That to me is cheap for a great cigar. I smoke a lot of cigars that cost more but that's out of the range of what I feel is cheap.
Exactly.

aquarich

BoM March '11
Rating - 100%
205   0   0
I am always in search of Epic cigars so if the stick is good enough I can find it cheap at $20 or $30. If it is an good stick maybe might be cheap at $10 and if only ok maybe at $5. I try to keep price away from my buying so I can look for the best cigars at any price.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes, when you have collected the equivalent of the Queen's Jewels, you can adopt this baller philosophy. As for me, a stick such as the La Aurora 107 petit robusto is perfect. Good smoke for any time and won't break the bank.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
A sweet deal for me is a great cigar in the 4-6 range. Usually I only find that when shops/sites are running deals.

I don't think you can find an LE in that range unless it bombs. I think the fixed costs on the production run are just going to make it impossible (though I'd love to be wrong about that).

-Charles

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I don't really think this is a good question as I've found that price is not always indicative of quality. I've had many $2 cigars that were awesome and more than a few $10+ cigars that sucked.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
$4 - $5 is a killer range for Cubans. Partagas Shorts, Por Larranaga PCs, Montecristo #4, etc. Lots of fabulous choices in that range.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I'm with Brent. $5 is a good sweet spot for a stick. My normal price point ranges in the $6 - $11 range though. Not to say I won't spend less or spend more sometimes, but that's probably about the range I'm in.

Bsneed51

Lock and Load
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find myself buying and smoking more cigars in the $5-8 range lately. I still buy and smoke plenty of higher end sticks, but for "everyday" cigars it's hard for me to pass up on things like Padron x000s, Pepin blue, La Aroma de Cubas, RASS, etc.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I picked the range that included $5-6 bucks per stick. That would be my cheap but good quality regular stick range.

For LE's I'd say $8-10 would be my cheap but good range. Only paid $8.50 per for the Tat Black Lanceros, thought that was pretty good. The Tat Anarchy was only $10 per. I guess if you buy into the first round of futures on the La Verite 2009's that will be considered cheap since they will be $10 bucks a stick less than the final pricing when all is said and done!