What's new

What price is a cheap, quality cigar to you?

What constitutes a cheap, quality cigar to you?

• Total voters

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Cheap decent stick would be Gran Habano Vintage 2002 for $2
Cheap quality stick would be $5-$7
Cheap LE stick would be $6-$8

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
From the poll so far, the expected price of a high-quality, "cheap" stick is ~ $5.20.

Bowhnter

Backyard Smoker
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
This is kind of tough for me, because if you smoke everyday, and I try, my "quality cheap" cigars during the week or different than on the weekends. I have a weekday humi and a weekend/vacation humi.

That being said ~$3-$4 weekdays and $5-$8 weekends

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
There are just so many really nice quality cigars you can get for $3-$4, especially when on sale or auction. So many Padillas, DPGs, Man o' War Ruination, 601/Cubaos, even a few Tats. Honestly, that's kind of my go-to price range or "everyday" smokes.

My "good" price range then goes up to $6, and in that range I can find almost anything that I really like. Most of my Tats, Illusiones, regular-line Padrons, etc ... heck, I just scored some Tat Especiales for $6/stick and have purchase My Fathers for just a hair more than that.

$6-$10 is a "something nice" price range. Liga Privadas, PAM '64s, the nicer Tats and Illusiones, etc. I usually smoke 2-3 of those a month. Higher than $10 and we're talking a special occasion cigar for me--though admittedly I usually find a "special occasion" at least once a month :) Plus there are vacations or special weeks where I"ll smoke a number of my nicest sticks ... those weeks are awesome, lol.

NOTE: All my prices are PRICE OF ACQUISITION, so there will be some auction/sale sticks at the same price range as some retail-priced sticks, though the sale sticks may be much nicer in reality. Also, if a stick is now out of production or from somewhere ... special ... it will automatically be bumped up a category or two regardless of how much I paid for it!

Rating - 100%
134   0   0
Not too many cigars out there for less than $6 that I would smoke when purchased by the stick. When purchased by the box on sale that is a little different story as there is usually a discount involved. I think the avg price of my smokes are around $9-$10.

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Being in Cali, I am not sure there is any such thing as a cheap cigar. That said, I made my choice based on the MSRP and not the POS price.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
After smoking through the CI catalog many, many years ago insearch of the "qaulity" cheap cigar I came to the realization that the cost is really meaningless. There are some incredible cuban sticks in that can be had on sale in the $5 to $6 range. I look for cigars I love to smoke. Some are as low as $3.00 a stick (thank you Cigar Cowboy) and some are upwards of $50. It's all about the cigar and the enjoyment. Not the money.

Good luck in your search.

JNT

The Bull
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
At Canadian B&M prices it the high end of 10-15. Going less then $10 usually equals garbage., with a very few rare exceptions, and those exceptions I wouldnt want to smoke all the time

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm. I said $7 - $9.99, but I never pay that much. My purchases are solely based on sales. I buy samplers where they are all $3 or less.