What's new

what quantity of limited release cigars do you buy?

how many cigars do you typically purchase from a limited release?

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
just curious on limited release purchases for cc and nc cigars. if a special release comes out, how many cigars of that release do you typically buy since many people don't have the opportunity to smoke one before they purchase them due to limited availability.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Tough question to answer for me. I pass on the vast majority of LEs (and all CC LEs), even from my favorite brands like Tatuaje, Illusione, and Liga privada. Instead, I will buy or trade for like 2-5 cigars after the fact from BOTLs.

But when I do get in on it, I typically buy a box. Usually I "win" in that the one I gamble on buying a full box of is awesome (Boris, Tat Tubos, NHC Tat, Flying Pig). But there are always some that I "loose" out on--like the Tat T110--by finding out when it's too late that it's frickin' great.

Even so, I'm not planning to change my style and buy more. It's fun to try Pete's test blends that didn't make the cut, etc., but I have a lot of cigars and don't smoke enough to justify box purchases often.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I used to try to track down everything when I started this hobby a couple years ago, but as of late I find myself getting less and less excited over new sticks. I know more or less what Tats, Illusiones, and Viaje's taste like, so if I grab a few LE's fine, if not there are tons of regular smokes that are just as pleasing to me.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Well when I can afford it, I will buy a box. if it's just to expensive I will just get a 5'r or 10. Limited releases in my opinion are a crap shoot and you just don't have the time to make a proper decision.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I used to try to track down everything when I started this hobby a couple years ago, but as of late I find myself getting less and less excited over new sticks. I know more or less what Tats, Illusiones, and Viaje's taste like, so if I grab a few LE's fine, if not there are tons of regular smokes that are just as pleasing to me.
Ditto for me. I've spent time running and chasing LE stuff and have had a couple disappoint me. I can't really say "I buy XX LE's" because for me it's more a case of whether or not I buy them at all. If I can get some, I will but if not there are plenty of great smokes out already.

There are exceptions to this as there are some LE's I still search for but it's much less that it used to be.

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Patrick missed you at JJ's last night bro! Anyways, I am a sucker for RE CC's and I will at least try the EL's.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I'm getting into my time machine and going back to buy Cohetes, Franks, T110s, and Viaje DES. :)
Pick me up some tat porkchops while you're back there.

I miss most of LE releases. Not enough storage space or smoking time to be real agressive about it. I usually pick a few up off the boards if I hear good things.

-Charles

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Elderboy02 and I smoked a pork chop at the same time when they were about 4 months old and thought they were pretty boring for a $10 small cigar. I'd like to try one again now since people seem to be raving about them but no biggie..

LiLo

Fire me up a
Rating - 98.7%
103   1   1
I almost always buy a full box. If i don't like them i know that 9 times out of 10 i can re sell them or trade them. If i like them i have a whole box to enjoy! Its really a win/win situation.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I usually just try to buy a 5er. Nothing crazy. I very rarely buy a box even if I like the cigar, due to money restraints. 5 is just perfect for me.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I missed a few LE's that I regret. Now I usually get a box. If I like them I try grab at least one more box. It is nice to have a few extra to share with friends.

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I used to try to chase them down but now there's just too many to keep up with financially. Trading is my forte if I can't find a couple to try. They are more readily available on the boards now that there are so many releases. It makes holding back easier. Thanks for sharing them.