What's new

what quantity of limited release cigars do you buy?

how many cigars do you typically purchase from a limited release?

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I almost always buy a full box. If i don't like them i know that 9 times out of 10 i can re sell them or trade them. If i like them i have a whole box to enjoy! Its really a win/win situation.
This is my thought process as well. Also, I like to collect the boxes.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Well, I bought a box of the BOTL cigar. That about covers it for non-cubans.

For cuban cigars, it depends on the size of the cigar and the reviews that have come out in favor of it.

cholmes8310

LFD/JDN whore
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Normally, I buy one and smoke it, and if I like it, I'll buy 2-3 more to stash away in the bottom of the humi. I don't have the budget to buy boxes of most LE's.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
I don't get all that excited by LE stuff (usually). My reasoning is that if I like it, I'm going to want to smoke more of it and by definition you can only get so many of the LE stuff...eventually there will be no more. Besides there's so much regular production stuff I like that I can't really justify spending the money. So I'll pick up a few sticks here and there of stuff that interests me, but other than that...eh :dunno:.

Dan

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I look to trade for LEs...with the exception of the S&B. I smoked the originals and knew I needed a box of the new release.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
truly depends on the cigar, typically i will sample a LE first and if i like it then i might splurge...

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I will buy as many as I can if it's a good cigar. Got lucky on the face and I like them so not to bad.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i stopped chasing LE's a long time ago and let the consumer dictate what is good instead of letting advertisers tell me what is good. Good cigars will stay and LE is just a marketing ploy to extract more money for a given product. If the product is that good they will continue to make it because of consumer demand. It doesn't make sense to make a great cigar and then only make a few. When you make a great cigar you continue to make them and sell them...no gimmicky cigars for me. Once they are proven then I'll buy and smoke em.

MattBell

Will work for Dirty Rats
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
In a perfect world, I would get a box of all of them, but that just Ian reality for me. I usually try to wait and find them in a trade unless I just happen to get lucky and stumble across a box at the right time.

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
In the last year I have chased every LE. Mostly for the same reasons as others have stated and a big part of it is to share the share......

With a few exceptions I have not been disappointed, well except when i traded away all my OR S&B, last box for a DES and then found a stash of DES at a shop...bad timing...

Out of all the releases this year, the New S&B are probably my cigar of the year after smoking a few singles and yes i think they are different/much better than the OR as the OR left a very dry feeling in my throat. Looking forward to picking up my box this week!

The hunt is the fun part for me. Being able to help others who cannot get them locally is a plus. Having a nice stash to smoke through is a plus...

Now, if I could just grow up and have a humi like MU_Mike I would be in heaven....

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Well when I can afford it, I will buy a box. if it's just to expensive I will just get a 5'r or 10. Limited releases in my opinion are a crap shoot and you just don't have the time to make a proper decision.
+1 as much as it pains me to agree, I do. :peace:

Just kiddin, Hoss. That is SMACK on! :)

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I don't really chase them, Back with drac a couple at a time I had maybe 12 and gave all of them away but one, so I am now buying as I can. I haven't been in this new stuff as long as you guy's but I have really liked the stuff I have been getting.

I got a box of skull and bones and smoked one before I put them to bed and ROTT it was delicious.. I have no regrets except to have not developed the relationships with the right vendors earlier. so I suck hind tit. oh well! I get what I get

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Box, fiver or singles depending on what's available with the few vendors I know. Also rely on the kindness of generous brothers. I stay away from fantastic mark-ups over retail. Can't say enuf good things 'bout Podman at the burning leaf. He really knows how to take care of a brother, newb or not. :applause: