What's new

What tea are you drinking?

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
^ Sounds good K. I've been enjoying a variety of brands black tea (Typhoo, tetley, lipton loose leaf and some seasonals.) The loose leaf is the newest to me and much nicer flavors, crisper maybe.
Enjoy,
Jim

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
You guys may already know this, but just in case you haven't figured this out yet...
I inadvertently learned tonight, if you dump the big clump of loose leaf tea from the steeping gadget then let the stuff clinging to the sides dry while rolling (or smoking) your cigars, it's comes off super easy when it's all dried up! After drying, just touching those leaf bits clinging to the sides of the strainer causes them to fall right into the trash. No more trying to rinse them out and catch them in the sink. Wish I'd found this out a year ago...

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've got enough vices with cigars, wine, pipes, whiskeys, cigar accessories and now with teas! I actually got into tea when the wife and I cruised on the Queen Mary 2 across the Atlantic and we had a ton of time on our hands on the ship....so we started going to "Tea Time"....what a treat! Scones, sandwiches...desserts....orchestra....white linens...pinkeys in the air and great teas. The British know how to do tea for sure.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Lan Gui Ren
Kee mun
Tie Guan yin
Long Jing
Bulang Puerh
Taetae V 93
Jasmin Dragon Pearls

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
In summer I brew up Sun Tea, from Wally-World's Generic Tea. I suspect it is something simple like Liptons, but is is a Wally-World Special.

When I was a kid we did a lot of Chinese Resturants, back then most served what I recall was Black Tea. It was included with the meal, before you got a menu they brought Tea for Free.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Really have gotten into puerhs lately. I really enjoy the offerings from Crimson Lotus teas. Good selection of both raw and ripe. Got myself a couple of Jian Shiu clay pots to go along with my yixing pot and really enjoying myself. I am also enjoying some really good Ti Guan Yin from Beautiful Taiwan teas and excellent Autumn crop Darjeeling.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Really have gotten into puerhs lately. I really enjoy the offerings from Crimson Lotus teas. Good selection of both raw and ripe. Got myself a couple of Jian Shiu clay pots to go along with my yixing pot and really enjoying myself. I am also enjoying some really good Ti Guan Yin from Beautiful Taiwan teas and excellent Autumn crop Darjeeling.
I went through a big Pu ehr phase a few years back. Had this really excellent organic cake made from braided leaves that I wish I knew how to find again.

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Wow, I didn't realize there were so many different teas! I've just been working with some samplers of Twinings and Celestial..
I'm a fan of Earl and Lady Greys, as well as English and Irish breakfast. Occasionally i go for something herbal/floral. Any suggestions on where to go from there? Brands, blends, etc?

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Wow, I didn't realize there were so many different teas! I've just been working with some samplers of Twinings and Celestial..
I'm a fan of Earl and Lady Greys, as well as English and Irish breakfast. Occasionally i go for something herbal/floral. Any suggestions on where to go from there? Brands, blends, etc?
Go here https://www.nmteaco.com/ and order an ounce or two of the Smokey and Rosie Earl grey. You will not be disappointed.