• What is a Hygrometer

Votes: 5 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I know people always hate on the analogs, but I still use the one that came inside my Bally IV. I borrowed a friend's digital for two weeks just to verify accuracy and it was exactly dead on no matter what I did with it. Even when removing it and placing it in different environments.

I gave back the digital and saved myself $25 for more cigars :)

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I know people always hate on the analogs, but I still use the one that came inside my Bally IV. I borrowed a friend's digital for two weeks just to verify accuracy and it was exactly dead on no matter what I did with it. Even when removing it and placing it in different environments.

I gave back the digital and saved myself $25 for more cigars :)
Better have that Hygro sealed in Lucite, it's one in a million. :wink:

You are talking about a straight analog, not one of the newer digital analogs? If so, you really do have a rarity. If you are one that likes to know their hygro is reading true I would be sure to check it at least every six months just like a digital. I would never trust an analog to stay true, but I wish you the best of luck!

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Better have that Hygro sealed in Lucite, it's one in a million. :wink:

You are talking about a straight analog, not one of the newer digital analogs? If so, you really do have a rarity. If you are one that likes to know their hygro is reading true I would be sure to check it at least every six months just like a digital. I would never trust an analog to stay true, but I wish you the best of luck!
I don't even know what a Digital analog is (sounds like an oxymoron to me!) so I doubt it's that. Just the basic cheap thing in the front of the humidor. I was surprised it was so accurate. That being said, I'll still invest in a digital down the road just to make sure I don't end up ruining good cigars if the needle gets stuck or something.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Digital Analog is a digital hygrometer that reads like an analog. Think the digital speedometers or tachometers that the 80's Vettes had.