• What is a Hygrometer

Votes: 5 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Digital. It's off by 4% though and can't be changed. No matter, glad I learned to add. :pokemyeye

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have one similar to this in the wineador.

It has a remote sensor that is meant to go outside to measure temp and humidity, that sits on one of the shelves in the wineador. It tells me the room temp, as well as temp/humidity in the humi I got it on the clearance rack at Home Depot for $15. I can put the main unit anywhere in the house if I want to monitor the temp/humidity in the humi.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Wait a minute...Beads absorb excess humidity? So if you have a 2nd Solution humidifier and it put out a little too much humidity the beads help regulate the extra humidity? Do I have that right?
That is correct. The beads act in the very same manner as a boveda pack only they don't go bad. Well I guess they could but not nearly as fast as a boveda pack.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
I haven't used one in years. I figured that after using one for a few years and noticing that nothing had changed significantly in that time frame, that with my system (beads) there was no real use for one.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I have a digital built into my Set and Forget active humidifcation system. It is off by about 2 degrees so I just take that into account when setting the humidity.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
An Extech Humidty Alert (alarm) on the outside of cabinet with remote bulb, the digital of a Hydra LG, plus double-check them with a Supco Thermo Hygrometer Pen (trade tool). Hmm, maybe I'm a little paranoid. The Extech is nice, it gives me dewpoint also, as I've got an adjustable TEC unit. Paranoid hell, I guess I've just realized I'm anal about it. I've got a bunch of beads in it too.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
65% beads, but I still have a digital to keep an eye on things. Nothing special, just a cheapie from Wal-Mart and now that I have branched out to a Sterilite container too I just shift it back and forth.

Dan

Dr. Xikar

The Knife Doctor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
University of Mount Union, Alliance, Ohio
Digital from HeartfeltIndustries.com (Not sure what model, but that's where I got them). I have two, one for each humidor... I don't worry about humidity when I travel because I have two 5ct. Cigar Caddies, so if they're the right humidity going into the CC, they're the right humidity coming out of it. I also use the 65% HF Beads and love them.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Beads and then a digital hygro I get at WalMart. I bought about 10 of them as I keep 10 humis...I test them every few months and they are all within 1-2% which keeps my OCD from going overboard.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
i have 5 diff ones and i calibrated them and still they only time they ever read the same is if i sit them all on on my room dresser over night. but i use 3 in my cooledor and 2 in my winedor and they never read the same. but i trust my beads so dont really care

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i have 5 diff ones and i calibrated them and still they only time they ever read the same is if i sit them all on on my room dresser over night. but i use 3 in my cooledor and 2 in my winedor and they never read the same. but i trust my beads so dont really care
I have 3 Xikar digital hygros and only one of them is totally accurate. I trust my beads though so when need be I put the accurate one in whichever humi I might question.

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Currently, I'm running 4 Xikar digital hygrometers. 2 are the new rectangular style, and 2 are the round ones.

I love them, as they're so easy to calibrate and have never once given me any problems. I'm constantly checking my humi's and coolidor and all 4 are always dead-on.

I highly recommend these to anyone.

Jeffrey L.