What's new

What was your first box purchase?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Was it your personal favorite "go-to" smoke, or just a stick you had a few times and liked and just got a good deal on a box?

Just curious. I've actually never bought a box before, just a bunch of samplers, 5pk or10pk, and singles.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Perdomo lot 23, one of my favorite smokes and it just made more sense to dive in and buy a box. To every new smoker i say don't buy boxes just to buy a box cause what you love now you may hate later on. used to love macanudos but now i don't know what i ever saw in them.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Mine was the Brick House Robusto. I came to a point where I was just like "I should buy a box". It was $100 bucks for 25 and frankly it's a decent smoke that never really gets old.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am also a big fan of the Lot 23, actually have a 10pk from Famous Smoke coming this Wednesday.
Perdomo lot 23, one of my favorite smokes and it just made more sense to dive in and buy a box. To every new smoker i say don't buy boxes just to buy a box cause what you love now you may hate later on. used to love macanudos but now i don't know what i ever saw in them.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
My first 2 boxes were splits with a friend; we grabbed San Cristobal Papagayos and Ashton VSG Robustos. I still have a few of the VSG's and after 4 years they've really turned into something special. Only have a few left but I would put them up against anything else in my humi right now. As for a go to stick, whenever I can't decide what I want I reach for a My Father Le Bijou Corona Gorda. Just grabbed a box last week of cbid.com for $66 shipped. Hard to go wrong at that price.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
this right here! o)

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
My first box was CAO Anniversaire Maduros Robustos back in 2001-2 (I think) when they came in the square tubes... I actually still have about 5 of them, and they are much better than the current production sticks though they aren't as consistent in appearance. I actually gave several away at a new years party this past year. I still kick myself for not picking up the extremes because I held onto one for a few years and it was amazing when I finally smoked it... I don't buy many boxes as a rule, but that's really because of storage space more than anything.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Padilla Serie '68 Robustos - on sale for $50/box, IIRC. Still like them too, especially the lanceros. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
El Titan de Bronze Redemption Maduro in the Toro. Had never had one, was my first trip to Florida and Little Havana, found the shop online and went there and bought a box. Has since become my favrite shop and haven't found the quality or consistency anywhere else!

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
My first box was Camacho 1962 torpedoes about 6 years ago. Still have one left. From there its been all down hill. I recommend any new cigar smoker wait a while before buying in box quantity. I know I made my share of buys I had to trade away later because my palate changed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2