What's new

What was your first Handgun?

Rating - 100%
123   0   0
The title is pretty self explanatory. What was the very first handgun that you ever owned? Do you still have it today?

BTW: My first Handgun purchased was a .22 Browning Buckmark. I've fired thousands of rounds through it. And it would never think of getting rid of it.
My first was a Browning Buckmark .22 as well. My first non-.22 was a Taurus 9mm.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
.32 S&W with a shot out cylinder.. got from my S.father. Traded it for a Mark II that I still have. It has LOTS of big brothers now including various wheel guns and a couple of semi autos whose calibers all begin with "4"

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
OMG, the first one was a Ruger Security Six .357 SS. When I went to the gun store for the first time, I looked at the .357s available. The owner shows me the Colt Python. I fell in love. Then the price sticker was on the bottom of the box and I'd likely had a heart attack. It was like $700. I sheepishly asked to see something less expensive, and he shows me a Dan Wesson with interchangeable barrels. Again, way too much, and finally settled on the Ruger. Had it for 20 years. Bought it for 350 and sold it for 350. Good investment.

Long story short, met a firearms rep and fell back in love with the first one I picked up. That's another story.:starrylov

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old Smith & Wesson Perfected Model in .38 S&W. This was a 5 shot break-open pocket pistol. It was made like a Swiss watch.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ruger Mk.I. My dad gave it to me on my 21st birthday and said, "Let's go." He took me to the sheriff's office and I got my carry license. Back then you had to list a handgun on your license. I still have it.

JGD

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Sig Pro 2022 - I haven't had it for very long, but I have fired over 2k rounds through it and it has shot perfect for every one.