What's new

What would you buy

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
Since we are expecting a baby in August. I am looking to buy a box or boxes of a cigar I can smoke each year on his/her birthday until they are 18, then pass a box onto them when they turn 18 to continue this experience with them. Then have more to share each year going forward.

Couple of questions.

What would you buy?

I want this to be a special cigar, so I'm think maybe Behike. But that would require like 5 boxes (18 to smoke, 10 to give to them, plus the others to smoke going forward).

Any other ideas?

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
H. Upmann Sir Winston:thumbsup:

It's a nice cigar to smoke and see how it gets better and better over the years.

Rating - 100%
68   0   1
Since we are expecting a baby in August. I am looking to buy a box or boxes of a cigar I can smoke each year on his/her birthday until they are 18, then pass a box onto them when they turn 18 to continue this experience with them. Then have more to share each year going forward.

Couple of questions.

What would you buy?

I want this to be a special cigar, so I'm think maybe Behike. But that would require like 5 boxes (18 to smoke, 10 to give to them, plus the others to smoke going forward).

Any other ideas?
I do this for my 2 kids.
I went with 20 count boxes so I could smoke 1 at birth, 1 each birthday, then 2 are left at the 18th bday which we will enjoy together or they can keep the single if they dont want to smoke. And the box will hopefully be a special keepsake.

I went with a blend that I wont smoke any other time, so it was a good cigar but not one in my normal rotation, that way its special to me each year.

Best wishes finding your special cigar.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Buy a box of the BOTL Small Batch 2010. I just bought a box, and if they are anything like what people said on the forum they are going to be great. Plus if they move the rest of them they will make a batch for 2011. This way you can go with something that was only made in 2010 or 2011 (if they end up making it.) and will mean something so you can bring them into the brotherhood.

Cigar.com has the some of the last of the La Aurora 100 Anos Preferidos. That is a good cigar that will never be made again.

Last edited:

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Swisher sweet cherry flavored are the only proper sticks to get for this...lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
59   0   2
i got a box of ramone allones belis that they dont make anymore something good but kinda rare is the way to go

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
If you are going cc then get the date code to match the month and year of the birth. As for which cigar, siglo vi, party p2, sir Winston are some of my favorites.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Ah, Plush... Congrats man!

This is a topic very near and dear to my heart, as I recently went through this. Though, my purpose was to hand them out at the birth, and save what's left for the birthdays.

Point being, I feel for a momentous occasion like this, you should get something that's already tough to get today... a discontinued line, an EL of some sort from a few years ago... Something that takes an effort and is a smoke that you would look forward to on a yearly basis.

For me, it was a tossup between a Monte 'C' el 2003, Monte Robusto EL 2006, or one other el from way back that I don't remember.

With all due respect, as good a cigar as BHK is, I think the charm of getting something that you would have to dig high and low for would make a great story for your child on his / her 18th bday!

Just my 2 cents.

Good luck to you guys,

Fauzi

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I'm doing the same thing... bought a 25ct of Cohiba Maduro 5 Genios. I'm curious to see how the age treats it.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Congrats Brian! I would assume since you posted this in the Habanos Forum you are looking for Habanos. :smokingbo

H. Upmann Sir Winston:thumbsup:

It's a nice cigar to smoke and see how it gets better and better over the years.
I gotta agree with this.

Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Plush Congrats man!

If I was to do this I would have a custom batch made up for this occasion. Have a blend that I would enjoy and look forward to each year and to see how they aged. :cbig: :applause: :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
First off CONGRATULATIONS!! And August B-days usually mean cool people. How about the Cohiba 1966 Edición Limitada, released in commemoration of Cohiba’s 45th anniversary. Measuring 6.5 inches with a 52 ring gauge, the Cohiba 1966 Edición Limitada is a cañonazo.

Just got that in an update from Cigarinspector.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Party Lusis or Sir Winstons. Both require age imo to be mind blowing. I have both from 08 Winnies and 09 Lusis and I would right now go with the 09 Lusis. The Lusis are already smoking good Winnies not so much......