What's new

What's Being Drank This Weekend

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Bridgeport Ebenezer supplied by Firecdoc83 and some 3Floyds Black Sun stout (if you didn't see this beer and only smelled it you might think it to be an I.P.A., interesting beer) from mthurley. Thanks guys!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I finished off my bottle of Knob Creek on Friday. Saturday I picked up another bottle and a bottle of 1792 Ridgemont Reserve. Pretty good stuff.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Last night, I had a couple Left Hand Brewery Milk Stout, and finished my bday evening with some Glenfiddich 12 year old! Very tasty! Very nice, smooth finish to a great weekend!

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
How about it Dutch??? Where you at bro...??

This weekend I plan on grabbing a nice 6er compiled of a few selected suggested brews from my Botl brothers that I've never had! Thanks fellas, this should be good :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Opps, that I'll teach me not to look at the whole board!

I have to say that Merry Monks is my favorite Weyerbacher's beers. I think its best served on the cool side, maybe around 50-55. Its got a good malt base, but its the yeast that makes it stand out to me. It has a very nice banana and clove kind of spice to it.

I can't say I'm over found of their Old Heaten Imperial Stout or Bilthering Idiot Barleywine. Both seem a little too heavy on the black malt which if your use too much in your wort gives that burnt coffee taste both seem to have, there IPA is okay but its no Doghead Fish IPA.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Opps, that I'll teach me not to look at the whole board!

I have to say that Merry Monks is my favorite Weyerbacher's beers. I think its best served on the cool side, maybe around 50-55. Its got a good malt base, but its the yeast that makes it stand out to me. It has a very nice banana and clove kind of spice to it.

I can't say I'm over found of their Old Heaten Imperial Stout or Bilthering Idiot Barleywine. Both seem a little too heavy on the black malt which if your use too much in your wort gives that burnt coffee taste both seem to have, there IPA is okay but its no Doghead Fish IPA.
The double Simcoe is over the top sweet for me. I like the blithering idiot but like you said too sweet/malty so I can only drink like a 7oz snifter of it and enjoy myself.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Well last night it was three "Flying Dog Raging Bitch", they went extremely well with an Illusione ~88~ Candela and a Liga Privada No.9.

Today I'm headed to American Brewmaster to pickup a growler and than I'm off to Sam's Quick Shop in Durham for some more brew.