What's new

What's Being Drank This Weekend

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
My man! Enjoy, my friend! GLBC is awesome and their Christmas ale is epic!

If you are ever in Cleveland, let me know!

Jack
Thanks, I rarely leave Chicagoland but I will have to remember that if I'm ever in the area. I recently had this beer and it was love at first drink. Ran out to the local liquor store at my first opportunity and grabbed two six packs right quick!

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Not the weekend but, I am having a Trappistes Rochefort 10 gifted to me by one of the local cigar lounges members(Thanks John!). I am pairing it with a My Father Le Bijou Petite Robusto, hopefully they go well with each other. I know I love them both apart.

FYI not complementary for me, but it doesn't detract from either experience either.

Last edited:

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Currently drinking a Stone Double Arrogant Bastard. This is my first Double...but I've had plenty of the regular AB....and I may have a hard time going back to the regular. This is some good chit.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
ommegang abbey ale right now. 'Tis a good american made abbey style ale... great dark fruits and spice.
Haven't had that one before....but used to really dig their Hennepin. Haven't had it in a while, but have toyed with adding it to my shopping cart more than once. Maybe wait until Spring and stick w/ the darker stuff here for a while.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Haven't had that one before....but used to really dig their Hennepin. Haven't had it in a while, but have toyed with adding it to my shopping cart more than once. Maybe wait until Spring and stick w/ the darker stuff here for a while.
Ommegang Abbey certainly fits the darker category. Not as dark as a stout but it's definitely not a blonde ale.

CBC

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Widmer Hefeweizen - very malty w/a nice balance of hops, which are pronounced. Not your avg. wheat beer. I'd pair it with a nice Cusano 18 Paired Conn. Cusano smoke is consistently bready/creamy...oven fresh roll breadiness. Kapeesh?

Diet Dr. Thunder - dark, crisp, slightly over-sweetened. I paired it w/my last Fumas (Padilla's discount bundle). VN

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Just finished a glass of Crater Lake Vodka with a splash of lime. Think it is time for number two!! Sometimes simple is best!
^^ Lush.

Currently drinking a DFH Bitches Brew.......first time experience, and only half way through the 1st glass. It's interesting.....undecided on whether or not it's interesting in a good way though. The finish is much different than i'm used to.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
DFH Bitches Brew update....

not a fan. Not sure if it's the gesho root in this....but something is giving it a cough syrupy aftertaste. Too bad....as I was looking forward to this one.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
DFH Bitches Brew update....

not a fan. Not sure if it's the gesho root in this....but something is giving it a cough syrupy aftertaste. Too bad....as I was looking forward to this one.
Almost the same, I wanted to like it but to me it was just not as good as the other DFH line.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Almost the same, I wanted to like it but to me it was just not as good as the other DFH line.
Glad to hear I'm not alone here then. Weird too, cuz this beer seemed to be so well rec'd w/ the Brewmasters show, Beer Advocate rating (A-) etc. Goes to show you need to try stuff for yourself. I'm damn near ready to poor out the last 1/4 of this bottle.....really not very good for me. Almost tastes like wintergreen flavored chewing tobacco smells (think Kodiak). Very odd.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Glad to hear I'm not alone here then. Weird too, cuz this beer seemed to be so well rec'd w/ the Brewmasters show, Beer Advocate rating (A-) etc. Goes to show you need to try stuff for yourself. I'm damn near ready to poor out the last 1/4 of this bottle.....really not very good for me. Almost tastes like wintergreen flavored chewing tobacco smells (think Kodiak). Very odd.

One way to sum it up.