What's new

What's for dinner?

itallushrt

hero
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ehhhhh....

Every once in a while, you'll get a cut of beef from your butcher that just isn't as good as the rest. Unfortunately, that was the case with my steak tonight. Just not what it was supposed to be. Did not really care for it one bit. Oh well. It LOOKS good, though...
Sorry to hear that man. Looked fantastic though!

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Grilled an AWESOME protein-packed dinner that I LOVE to make! SHISH KABOBS!!!!!

Cut a chicken breast in long, thick slices and marinaded for a few hours. Threw that onto a skewer, along with 10 shrimp onto another skewer, then a veggie skewer that consisted of red onion, red bell pepper and zucchini.

Basted the shrimp and veggies with melted 'light' butter that had chopped garlic mixed in.

LOVE THIS MEAL!!!!!! Oh yeah, had jasmine rice with it.

Jeffrey L.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
love me some jasmine rice. skewers look good too. nice work. now i'm hungry

Grilled an AWESOME protein-packed dinner that I LOVE to make! SHISH KABOBS!!!!!

Cut a chicken breast in long, thick slices and marinaded for a few hours. Threw that onto a skewer, along with 10 shrimp onto another skewer, then a veggie skewer that consisted of red onion, red bell pepper and zucchini.

Basted the shrimp and veggies with melted 'light' butter that had chopped garlic mixed in.

LOVE THIS MEAL!!!!!! Oh yeah, had jasmine rice with it.

Jeffrey L.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Dinner last night....

Dozen oysters to split with the table..

Seafood plate.. Cole slaw, hush puppies, and fried Cod, Shrimp, and Scallops..

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Was at a Memorial Day cookout/smoke out and my buddy made this Bloody Mary marinated flank steak that was probably the BEST steak I've ever had. Yeah..........FLANK steak! Not a ribeye, porterhouse or even filet mignon. A FLANK STEAK! Had to try making one myself.

Didn't do the same marinade, but a basic steakhouse one that worked its way into the meat for about 4 1/2 hrs prior to grilling. Also grilled some veggie skewers for the wife and I and some chicken skewers for our neighbors.

Cooked the steak (1.93 lbs) for approx. 10-12 minutes/side over high heat with the cover open. Took it off, then placed on an elevated rack and covered with aluminum foil to let rest for 10 minutes. This is a crucial key.

Again, probably the best steak I've cooked. PERFECT mid-rare, too. Will DEFINITELY be making flank steak much more often!

Jeffrey L.

Edit: Wanted to add that if you're not familiar with this cut of meat, make SURE to cut AGAINST the grain when slicing :)

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Here's what I was dealing with yesterday, while killing a 6'er of Bell's Oberon. Occassion was a birthday party for my dog Chloe and her twin sister Maggie at my Mothers house in Madison, WI. They live on a lake and Chloe went swimming for the first time! Was jumping off the pier and everything!

This was my 1st time grilling on one of those 'Infrared' grills and I must say...........not a fan. I'll stick to what I'm used to.

Jeffrey L.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
You do realize that REAL bacon has hardly any more calories, and an assload more flavor, right?

She just did the grocery shopping for the week. Tonight I'm making an apricot-mango chutney with sauteed sausages and cabbage.