What's new

What's for dinner?

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Tonight was KABOBS! I've been grilling about 5 days/week and TONIGHTS meal is by far my favorite of the year!

Skewers of 18/22 ct shrimp, seasoned with a little salt and pepper, then brushed with garlic butter.

Veggies used were zucchini, red bell pepper, red onion and portabella mushrooms. These were also brushed with garlic butter (cut up half a stick of light butter, added chopped garlic, then melted) on the grill.

Also had some jasmine rice, cooked with low-sodium chicken stock. Was the PERFECT compliment to the kabobs.

Jeffrey L.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Went to a local restaurant and tried one of their BBQ sammiches called "The Flying Pig"

Pulled pork, link sausage, maple glazed ham, and oh, yes...bacon!! All on the same bun, all at the same time.

It was freakin' delicious. Terribly unhealthy, but awesome. All at the same time.

theribdoctor

Certifiable.
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Roasted up some small red potatoes in olive oil, salt pepper and fresh rosemary, covered it with chicken legs and thighs, and seasoned with the same and added about 5 cloves of garlic...400 degrees for a little over an hour.

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Sounds very similar to something I saw on a Travel Channel episode....can't remember which one, though. 'Sandwish Paradise', maybe?

Glad it was good!

Jeffrey L.

Went to a local restaurant and tried one of their BBQ sammiches called "The Flying Pig"

Pulled pork, link sausage, maple glazed ham, and oh, yes...bacon!! All on the same bun, all at the same time.

It was freakin' delicious. Terribly unhealthy, but awesome. All at the same time.

itallushrt

hero
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Deer backstrap sliders with caramelized onions or with orange & green bell peppers. Side of grilled asparagus and sweet potato fries.

For desert a Illusione Singular "phantom" on the deck with my bride. What a fine evening.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Deer backstrap sliders with caramelized onions or with orange & green bell peppers. Side of grilled asparagus and sweet potato fries.

For desert a Illusione Singular "phantom" on the deck with my bride. What a fine evening.

That is a kickass idea. I have some backstrap in the freezer that I will do that with.

Rating - 100%
79   0   0

Man, does THAT ever look good! Nice job!

I've been on a Porterhouse kick lately, seeing as I now have my body fat where I want, I'm working on putting on mass. Picked up a couple 2lb prime Porterhouses on Sunday....dry aged through Wednesday evening, then they've been marinating since. Will be putting fire to them in about 30 minutes :) Hoping for a perfect mid-rare!

Jeffrey L.

theribdoctor

Certifiable.
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Making a simple baked rotini, mixed sauce with rotini, and shredded mozz, and ricotta, and then placed in a oiled corning ware, and covered with more shredded mozz...bake at 350 for 30 covered with foil, then uncover and bake for another 15.

itallushrt

hero
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Time to clear out the deep freeze and make room for more fish with several of my annual fishing trips on the horizon.

Red Snapper served over angel hair pasta tossed in a garlic, white wine, butter sauce with fresh italian parsley and roma tomatoes. Braised bok choy on the side. Sorry too hungry to take any pics!

thebayratt

Satori's Dad "NTA_Shawn"
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
The misses made up a Guinness & sweet-n-spicy Chipolte BBQ sauce and put it on some rabbit meet that was in the crockpot for about 8hrs and we had BBQ'd Rabbit sammiches!

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Have been dry-aging a couple Delmonico's (bone-in ribeye) since Sunday and will be putting flame to them this evening! Got some GREAT coloring over the week and the bone is more visible from the meat shrinking :)

This will be enjoyed in celebration of my new job that I started yesterday.....FINALLY!

Jeffrey L.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
That seriously looks utterly amazing, kudos to you sir, you should be a fuggin chef! I need to learn how to go hunting, craving some deer.

itallushrt

hero
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
That seriously looks utterly amazing, kudos to you sir, you should be a fuggin chef! I need to learn how to go hunting, craving some deer.
Thank you sir!!, but I don't hold a candle to a real chef. I throw a dart at a dart board and get it to stick sometimes. Those guys know what they are doing the entire game.

Here is lunch from yesterday. I had thawed out to much snapper and had some left over from dinner on Wednesday so I had it for lunch yesterday.

Blackened the snapper (wild caught by me) in a thrown together rub, cooked the bok choy in shallots, garlic and evoo. Grilled the asparagus (home grown) and the tomatoes & onions. I'm longing for the weeks that happen every summer where 99% of what we consume has either been killed or grown by me. Makes the meal taste just a bit better.

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Delmonico steaks that have been dry-aging since Sunday. Just brought them out now, to get to room temperature prior to grilling.....should be a little over an hour, or so.

Will post pix of the finished product.

Was supposed to be for the wife and I, but she's out of town for the day, so I'm not going to bother with any sides or anything......nothing but beef, tonight! Correction, nothing but beef and MGD 64 :thumbsup:

Jeffrey L.

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Ehhhhh....

Every once in a while, you'll get a cut of beef from your butcher that just isn't as good as the rest. Unfortunately, that was the case with my steak tonight. Just not what it was supposed to be. Did not really care for it one bit. Oh well. It LOOKS good, though...

Had some leftover penis-cake for dessert, from my wifes birthday party!

Jeffrey L.