What's new

What's for dinner?

itallushrt

hero
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Tonight for me...grilled red snapper, grilled garden mix (onion, red pepper and green pepper with a habanero or two) and whatever else i find.

theribdoctor

Certifiable.
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
patty melt with Caramelized onions...bucking my gourmet trend of late...

lately it's been sirloin kebabs with spinach risotto, and grilled dry rubbed chicken breast and israeli couscous salad.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pot roast that has been simmering in a crock pot with Georgio's steak sauce. I'll serve it over egg noodles and with a salad. Our daughter recently visted "Apple Fest" in Bayfield ,Wisconsin and presented us with a present of surprisingly good, dry, apple wine which I'll serve with the meal.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I hit the first edition of our "Winter Market" at our local farmer's market. I picked up an acorn squash, some nice turnips. So, last night, I did a turnip mash with butter, crumbled bacon, garlic powder, and S&P. I also had some thin cut pork chops in the freezer, so I did a quick dredge in flour and quick fry. For dessert, I split the acorn squash, scooped seeds, rubbed down with butter, dusted all the surface with brown sugar and a quick drizzle of real maple syrup. Popped it in the oven to roast while we finished and ate dinner. After dinner, at it straight out of the shell. YUM!

*pics will go up, when I get home*

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I hit the first edition of our "Winter Market" at our local farmer's market. I picked up an acorn squash, some nice turnips. So, last night, I did a turnip mash with butter, crumbled bacon, garlic powder, and S&P. I also had some thin cut pork chops in the freezer, so I did a quick dredge in flour and quick fry. For dessert, I split the acorn squash, scooped seeds, rubbed down with butter, dusted all the surface with brown sugar and a quick drizzle of real maple syrup. Popped it in the oven to roast while we finished and ate dinner. After dinner, at it straight out of the shell. YUM!

*pics will go up, when I get home*
Wow Frank - that sounds like a pretty creative meal!

I like the dessert idea... I'd probably add in a bit of ice cream on the side being the ice cream junkie I am.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Wow Frank - that sounds like a pretty creative meal!

I like the dessert idea... I'd probably add in a bit of ice cream on the side being the ice cream junkie I am.
I was talking about that, to my wife, that ice cream would go well in the center. I don't know if a butter pecan, or a black walnut would take away too much from the squash flavor. Might have to just be a vanilla. And right out of the hot oven, with that scoop of ice cream in the center... Mmmmm... 'Tis that time of year to snatch up some good local acorn squash.

I was really wanting a butternut squash to make some homemade ravioli with brown butter, and sage, sauce. BUT... no one had any, just acorn. One farmer had like 4 varieties of sweet potatoes; I should have totally snatched some of those up, as well. I think they're doing a special market on Wed. for Thanksgiving shopping, so I may have to grab some local sweet 'taters!

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Ok,
Couple things the mrs made this weekend that were AMAZING

Friday night
Home made gnocchi.
gnocchi was good, but she made a Stilton sauce that was INCREDIBLE!
Basically a regular bachamel(sp) sauce and at the end added some Stilton cheese!
WHOA I told her this could easily be served in a great restaurant.

Last night
Pork chops w\ some veggies.

But the pork chops were fried w\ S&P.

After they were done in the pan she fried up some onions and apples while deglazing and made a rustic onion applesauce (really chunky).
Whoa it was AMAZING!

No pics.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Had some amazing short ribs over couscous at a fantastic restaurant (The Winery) in Irvine tonight. There was no need for a knife as the meat just fell off the bone!