What's new

What's for dinner?

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
@Texican wow!!

I want to pop a sack but now I'm afraid to find out what they'll set me back. That and I'll probably spend a week on pain meds and muscle relaxers afterward.
My friend got ahold of an enormous quantity of Massachusetts Blue Points last year. Was the first time I actually filled up on raw oysters. They were good. A lot more briny than our Gulf oysters. It was also that day that I learned how bad I am at shucking oysters. More than a little blood was shed from my hands and fingers.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Got the baked asparagus, oyster dressing, mushroom casserole, turkey and cheese cake ready for the oven. Friday a brisket goes in the oven so my wife can bring it to her family's gathering on Saturday. Everything else get's finished Sunday AM. Baked Brie, a cheese board and wine while we are waiting for the Turkey to finish up.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It was a family affair. Wife, daughter, in-laws, aunts and uncles all pitched in.

I ate eleven of them. I had to try each hot sauce and salsa twice. :p
Nice! Tamale days are so much fun.

The number of ways I find to consume and reheat them are just ridiculously deliciously gratuitous...with crackers, with melted cheese on top, pan fried, in a bolillo, etc etc.