What's new

What's for dinner?

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Cooked up some home made Hot Italian suasage and a greek salad. Just me and the boys tonight, so what the hell. :)

JuYcEmAn

¡Soy un esnob de Fuente!
Rating - 96.9%
37   1   0
Easter dinner was delicious! Since my wife was out of town, my daughter and I visited with my in-laws. They prepared the Honey Baked Ham and scalloped potatoes. I made glazed carrots and asparsgus bundles.

Glazed Baby Carrots sauted in an orange marmalade glaze and sprinkled with freshly made candied pecans.

Asparagus bundles wrapped in proscuitto, topped with bread crumbs (garlic, olive oil, parsley, lemon zest, and panko) baked until the proscuitto was slightly crispy and the asparagus tender!

The meal was chased by a cup of espresso and coconut creme pie; followed by a snifter of 43 and an AF Anejo #50.

Last edited:

JuYcEmAn

¡Soy un esnob de Fuente!
Rating - 96.9%
37   1   0
A "Spring Dinner" for my mother-in-law's birthday...

Stratta - Cubed croissants layered with pork sausage, onion, garlic, morels, and sharp Vermont cheddar, freshly grated parmesan, and asiago cheeses.

Steamed asparagus with a lemon butter sauce and topped with toasted panko; fresh berry spinach salad with a raspberry vinegrette.

Creme Brulee with fresh raspberries and fresh espresso.

Snifter of Frangelico and a Diamond Crown Maximus.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Tonight I served; Baked Sea Scallops wrapped with capocollo, seasoned with basil, dill, alea Hawaiian sea salt, and black truffle oil. Then topped with a gold mango and blood orange sauce. Sides included my signature purple asiago mashed potatoes and a serving of fresh brocoli-flower. Totally deliciiousss!!! Enjoy.

Chef

Attachments

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Tonight I'm making duck cofit with duck breast. I bought a pack that had two full breasts in it with the intention of making duck prosciutto. Well I salted one of the full breasts for prosciutto. The other breast I pulled the skin off and rendered the fat so I can cook the breast confit style. It'll be my first time making confit anything but I have high hops.

JuYcEmAn

¡Soy un esnob de Fuente!
Rating - 96.9%
37   1   0
Tonight I served; Baked Sea Scallops wrapped with capocollo, seasoned with basil, dill, alea Hawaiian sea salt, and black truffle oil. Then topped with a gold mango and blood orange sauce. Sides included my signature purple asiago mashed potatoes and a serving of fresh brocoli-flower. Totally deliciiousss!!! Enjoy.

Chef
Dammit, Chef! Those scallops look absolutely delicious. I like the idea of the purple asiago mashed potatoes, as well.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Dammit, Chef! Those scallops look absolutely delicious. I like the idea of the purple asiago mashed potatoes, as well.

Thank you in deed Sir! The scallops were freekin delicious! The purple aiago mashed potatoes are off the hook crazy... and they make a very good presentation on the plate.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Last night served Mezcal chicken fajitas... Served with fontinella cheese, tri-color sweet peppers, onions, garlic, jalapeno's and spinach. Topped with a tomatillo, avocado lemon cream sauce. FYI... The mezcal I use is el scorpion... Yes it does in fact have a scorpion in the bottle :). Totally deliciiousss! Enjoy!

Chef

Attachments

JuYcEmAn

¡Soy un esnob de Fuente!
Rating - 96.9%
37   1   0
Chef! The Chicken Fajitas look and sound amazing! I have not heard of Scorpion Mezcal; I like the fact it has an actual scorpion in the bottle!

The Mousse Trifecta looks delicious. I especially like the added touch of pomegranate caramel!

Last evening I grilled cuban style burgers; 1/2# fresh gound patties, topped with shaved smoked ham and lorraine swiss, with fresh-made garlic mayonaise and dill pickles. I made a side salad of grilled asparagus, topped with goat cheese, quinoa with an olive vinagrette, and fresh heirloom tomatoes. I was going to make kettle style chips with parmasan and truffle oil, but thought better than to overburden the palate.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Wow Juyceman that sounds like an amazing meal in deed. Nice touch with the garlic mayo, and the side salad sounds delish and the perfect side dish for the meal. Have you ever tried making burgers with buffalo or reindeer? Both are two of my favorite types of meat to cook with, in the beef style of family that is. Yeah El Scorpion Mezcal is bad ass, for both drinking and cooking.... It adds a very distinctive flavor to what ever you cook with it. You can't buy it in the states tho... I am going to south American again soon. I will buy an extra bottle for you if you think you would like to try it. And yes, it comes with a scorpion in the bottle. I will buy it for you, but when you empty the bottle, you have to either take a video or pics of you eating the scorpion... Deal?

Chef

Chef! The Chicken Fajitas look and sound amazing! I have not heard of Scorpion Mezcal; I like the fact it has an actual scorpion in the bottle!

The Mousse Trifecta looks delicious. I especially like the added touch of pomegranate caramel!

Last evening I grilled cuban style burgers; 1/2# fresh gound patties, topped with shaved smoked ham and lorraine swiss, with fresh-made garlic mayonaise and dill pickles. I made a side salad of grilled asparagus, topped with goat cheese, quinoa with an olive vinagrette, and fresh heirloom tomatoes. I was going to make kettle style chips with parmasan and truffle oil, but thought better than to overburden the palate.

JuYcEmAn

¡Soy un esnob de Fuente!
Rating - 96.9%
37   1   0
Wow Juyceman that sounds like an amazing meal in deed. Nice touch with the garlic mayo, and the side salad sounds delish and the perfect side dish for the meal. Have you ever tried making burgers with buffalo or reindeer? Both are two of my favorite types of meat to cook with, in the beef style of family that is. Yeah El Scorpion Mezcal is bad ass, for both drinking and cooking.... It adds a very distinctive flavor to what ever you cook with it. You can't buy it in the states tho... I am going to south American again soon. I will buy an extra bottle for you if you think you would like to try it. And yes, it comes with a scorpion in the bottle. I will buy it for you, but when you empty the bottle, you have to either take a video or pics of you eating the scorpion... Deal?

Chef
Chef ~ The garlic was roasted in Olive Oil, pureed, than blended into the fresh mayonnaise; it truly added some great flavor to the burger creation.

I haven't tried making burgers from buffalo or reindeer, but I have had buffalo and venison burgers at a restaurant; love 'em!

I'll take you up on the Scorpion Mezcal! Let me know if there is a specific Chicago Style delicacy that you'd enjoy and I'll return the favor.

Mike

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hmm Geno's East :) I dont think they flash freeeze tho.. But I wish they did. I have tried luo mannati's although its very very good, its for shiz not Geno's... :)

Chef

Chef ~ The garlic was roasted in Olive Oil, pureed, than blended into the fresh mayonnaise; it truly added some great flavor to the burger creation.

I haven't tried making burgers from buffalo or reindeer, but I have had buffalo and venison burgers at a restaurant; love 'em!

I'll take you up on the Scorpion Mezcal! Let me know if there is a specific Chicago Style delicacy that you'd enjoy and I'll return the favor.

Mike