What's new

What's in your bowl today

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Some Sherlock Holmes in my briar with my friend. She just got her PhD and is moving to Oregon. Both happy and sad. Great opportunities, but also will miss a great friend

One of the better styles of baccy. I've only had english/aro. I've never had a Vabur. Tasty.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
bending a new petey to my will with an inaugural smoke (or twelve, we'll see) of carter hall

side note: any of y'all know if this style is an "army mount"? it looks to be, as the tennin is tapered to hold in the briar walls of the mortise through a wedging friction, BUT i don't want to start a bad habit of breaking it down early and wind up borking the connection down the line. the style is "peterson irish made #120" from the vendor, and marked K&P irish made on the shank, and K&P peterson on the band...

worst case, it may be a system, but with a straight stem and fishtail bit, i can get it to pass a cleaner.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Javajunkie... which P&W English blends do you recommend? Medium to full flavor. Thanks.
in all honesty, i don't know? seriously, pipeworks and wilke had been on my radar for a minute or so, then dismal's pipe MaW came up and gave me the excuse i needed to drop them an order. i got it, and jarred mine while bagging his, and i haven't yet gotten back around to it. i CAN tell you, they all smelled amazing, but distinctive and unique, and the feel of it made me confident they were quality leaf with no doubt.
OK. Thanks. I might have to order a few ounces of some of their English blends... At this rate, I'll be in my 50s or 60s before I finish all my cellared tobaccos. LOL