What's new

What's in your bowl today

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Dunhill My Mixture 965 in a no name apple.
Smoking for the first time some Dunhill My Mixture 965 in my New to me Savinelli 626 Pocket pipe. Just reamed and cleaned. I have to so WOW I am pleased with both Pipe and Tobacco. I will admit that the tobacco is aged just at 1 and 1/2 years. tobacco was bought from a cellar of a person that has had it since 4/2013.

James

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dunhill My Mixture 965 in a no name apple.
Smoking for the first time some Dunhill My Mixture 965 in my New to me Savinelli 626 Pocket pipe. Just reamed and cleaned. I have to so WOW I am pleased with both Pipe and Tobacco. I will admit that the tobacco is aged just at 1 and 1/2 years. tobacco was bought from a cellar of a person that has had it since 4/2013.

James

I have yet to smoke a Dunhill blend that disappoints. Nice Sav!

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
A little c&d exhausted tooster

Then some margate from deadmans point from last years winter pipe baccy pass, this stuff is so fine I think I need to pack a little tighter goes out a bit and burns a little hot

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
86   0   0

I couldn't help myself, smelled mildly sweet of prunes or plums right out of the tin, rubbed one coin out and packed up a va cob (no drying time)

This lights flawlessly, 2 matches for the entire bowl, starts with the sweetness of the vas and interplays with the tangy spiciness of perique which intensifies as the bowl progresses, stays lit pretty effortlessly

I think it has a descent dose of vitamin n, highly reccomend with great thanks to the dismaltrade I see more tins aging in my future

Rating - 100%
84   0   0

I couldn't help myself, smelled mildly sweet of prunes or plums right out of the tin, rubbed one coin out and packed up a va cob (no drying time)

This lights flawlessly, 2 matches for the entire bowl, starts with the sweetness of the vas and interplays with the tangy spiciness of perique which intensifies as the bowl progresses, stays lit pretty effortlessly

I think it has a descent dose of vitamin n, highly reccomend with great thanks to the dismaltrade I see more tins aging in my future
Spot on review and yes, with age it is even better. If I could had only one smoke this might very well be it. Morning, midday or night it's enjoyable. Better than escudo even.... I have better than 20 tins and you didn't see me sending any of them to you. That should tell you something!
And you're welcome glad you enjoy it;)

Rating - 100%
51   0   0

Not for nothing, but I'd like suggest that we, as a community, try to refrain from letting each other know that we "rubbed one out"

Just a thought
:rofl:

Rating - 100%
19   0   0

Spot on review and yes, with age it is even better. If I could had only one smoke this might very well be it. Morning, midday or night it's enjoyable. Better than escudo even.... I have better than 20 tins and you didn't see me sending any of them to you. That should tell you something!
And you're welcome glad you enjoy it;)
Sigh...sounds like I have to buy more tobacco... I need to stay off this awesome forum for at least a week. LOL

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Tonight in my Savinelli 622 KS Standing, I cracked open some Frog Morton's Cellar. This Tin is Dated 4/2013. After opening the pull top I was expecting alittle more then what had come to my senses, The tobacco appears to be a little on the Wet side. Smelling a soft Latakia and steaming teas. After packing the bowl I took a pre draw and got a feel of woody sweet with a hint of whisky on the Retro. Lighting this tobacco was fairly easy. Flavors are grassy and woodsy and even the Lat kick in this tobacco is mild compared to other tobaccos I smoke. After the first 1/2 of the bowl I lightly tamped the ash that was a very fine grey and white ash. On Retro I get the added flavors of vanilla. Adding to the flavors of the normal hints of vanilla in the smoke. The finish of the smoke is a Creamy Vanilla is pleasant an not over bearing. This to me is more of a Light English then a Aromatic. One thing I think makes this a very nice smoke and able to be enjoyed daily even a few times a day is there is no tongue bite. Seems like it is right there in the making without biting. Price of this tobacco adds to it's complexity. I think it would be good even for the starting out piper. I wouldn't expect someone looking for a Lat bomb to enjoy this tobacco seeing the Latakia is very subtle. To end it all on a good note, With as wet out of the can and me not drying this before smoking, I didn't need to use a Pipe cleaner in the pipe all the way through the bowl and burns to a very nice clean ash.

James