What's new

What's in your bowl today

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
really dig that stem.
Thanks man! I've got a few of these "Forever Stems" that work with cobs. I really like them! I'm sure you've heard of them before but for those who haven't, you used to buy them from WalkerBriarWorks.com.

EDIT: I didn't realize until just now when I went to the site that they are now sold through OldLogCabinPipeWorks.com. However, they have a message on their site stating that they have fulfillment issues. Not sure if it's still happening but... something to consider.

Iholmes

I-hole
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Thanks man! I've got a few of these "Forever Stems" that work with cobs. I really like them! I'm sure you've heard of them before but for those who haven't, you used to buy them from WalkerBriarWorks.com.

EDIT: I didn't realize until just now when I went to the site that they are now sold through OldLogCabinPipeWorks.com. However, they have a message on their site stating that they have fulfillment issues. Not sure if it's still happening but... something to consider.
That message has been there for quite a while. I know you can also acquire acrylic stems similar to these from Vermont Freehand

http://vermontfreehand.com/product/acrylic-stems/
I'll probably be ordering a few in the next week or two

EDIT: Scratch that, I just ordered 4

Last edited:

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
They had 3 different shapes. I went with #6
Nice - looks like there is some additional work to these. I liked the Forever Stems because you had multiple "finished" options in dozens of colors. Pretty much plug & play.

...although I have always been interested in carving my own pipe. This site has all the materials needed and it's not one of those cheap, crappy kits. I bookmarked it and as soon as I get a lathe, I'll start carving.

Iholmes

I-hole
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Nice - looks like there is some additional work to these. I liked the Forever Stems because you had multiple "finished" options in dozens of colors. Pretty much plug & play.

...although I have always been interested in carving my own pipe. This site has all the materials needed and it's not one of those cheap, crappy kits. I bookmarked it and as soon as I get a lathe, I'll start carving.
If you use them as sort of a "military mount" there is no work necessary. They tell you that you have the ability to turn it down an additional amount if your tenon doesn't fit the pipe. I'll send you some pics once they get in and you can decide from there

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
If you use them as sort of a "military mount" there is no work necessary. They tell you that you have the ability to turn it down an additional amount if your tenon doesn't fit the pipe. I'll send you some pics once they get in and you can decide from there
Yeah, I'd love to see it. I don't want any of them right now though because it will force me down the pipe making slope faster than I'm prepared to go right now. All it takes is modifying one small piece (the tenon) and then it's game over for me. haha

Iholmes

I-hole
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
You could always just start by ordering the tools necessary to refurbish some older pipes. Seems like an easier way to get into it and it's also tools you would need once you're making your own.

I've traveled down this hole many times and somehow come out with no new tools. I think this is due to a lack of space at the apartment lol

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
You could always just start by ordering the tools necessary to refurbish some older pipes. Seems like an easier way to get into it and it's also tools you would need once you're making your own.

I've traveled down this hole many times and somehow come out with no new tools. I think this is due to a lack of space at the apartment lol
Don't you dare bring logic and reason into this!!!

kcmontie

Choppers, lanceros and cobs
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
yes please post a pic. i hope its plug and play