What's new

What's in your bowl today

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
You don't like the Gaius? I have one in the 141KS shape. Smokes just fine.
Not my best pipe. It can smoke wet and bitter more than my others. It’s a filter pipe that I removed the black plastic filter holder from. Weird though because if anything was going to smoke bitter it should be a high ratio Perique blend.

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Capstan Blue Flake (2013) in Boswell. First time folding and stuffing. So good. I finally figured it out mostly. It’s so humid here that the flake never got dry enough but suffered no bite, just a little harsh towards the end. As a side note I bought a shit ton of tobacco in 2012-2013 while on sea duty knowing it would be several years before I would be on shore and able to smoke it. It’s paid off well and feels good to think about how far everything has come over those years.

Last edited:

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Some Capstan Blue in a Boswell Poker. I dried the flake out in the fridge today. It was a tad too dry but was still able to fold and stuff. Prepped this way it smoked a little hot still but less moisture and still no bite. Flavors were more hay and spice than sweet, although mid bowl there was a lot of sweetness for a few mins.

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Yes clear corrugated plastic, it’s my favorite pipe smoking spot!

Sent from Area 51 using telepathy
I can see why. That’s quite the spot. I have the front porch in the summer, which is nice but the faintest breeze makes it difficult to get the full flavor out of tobacco. Once it cools off the garage is waiting!