What's new

What's in your bowl today

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
My favourites are John Patton Oriental Dusk, GL Pease Key Largo, C&D Dreams of Kadath and Seersucker, HU Flanagan and Manyara. C&D Shandygaff is also pretty good.

If you like Latakia, C&D Sunset Harbor Flake, GL Pease Gaslight and Quiet Nights, and HU Zulu are all excellent.
Thanks! I’m not into Latika that much, maybe a few bowls a year. I think that will change at some point so I keep them around. Exotique Mixture is one that I do like. I’m going to check out that Dreams of Kadath one though.

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0

Yenidje Supreme (2007) in a Pete 302. I think there was a big batch made in 07 because most of the reviews I read cite 07 and 16 as the tinned date. I bought the tin in 2012 from smokingpipes and that’s what I got (2007). Cracked the tin a few years ago and did not appreciate what it was. What I find now is a nuanced blend. The spice is not a Perique one but like a Cameroon cigar type. The first few puffs are almost Lakeland and if it weren’t for the fact that I only smoke those out of one pipe I would not think it was from the tobacco. The floral notes stay but are the main player at first. Nutty, hay, and sweetness from the Va’s.