What's new

What's in your bowl today

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Christening my first estate pipe with Dunhill 965. Vintage Dr. Grabow De Luxe from the 50s I think. This is my first bowl in a week or so, been sick since Christmas, but I was surprised at the difference of this vs a cob. Seemed more subdued until the very end. Happy New Year BOTL!

Sent from the Barbarino Batphone

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Thinking about trying this tomorrow. What'd you think? Did you dry it first? Read that some folks thought it was too moist out the tin.

It was a light/mild, good morning time, blend. I got a light sweet & almost fruity flavor from it. It was a little moist & required a few relights & took a couple char lights to get started. I would recommend drying it out a little before smoking. I will next time.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
SG Best Brown Flake while working on nursery #2. Back to my real job tomorrow after a month off

EDIT: Enjoyed this way more then expected, no kidding on how wet it was. Was a little stronger than I expected also.

Is this fairly representative of straight Virginia's?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
SG Best Brown Flake while working on nursery #2. Back to my real job tomorrow after a month off

EDIT: Enjoyed this way more then expected, no kidding on how wet it was. Was a little stronger than I expected also.

Is this fairly representative of straight Virginia's?

Yes, Best Brown Flake represents the brown VA variety well. There are also yellow , orange and red VAs which all have different profiles. VA/VaPers (Virginia Perique) are my favorite blends by a mile. In many ways pipes more complex than cigars, I hope you enjoy exploring the different types blends available. And then there's the pipes...