What's new

What's in your bowl today

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Captain Black/New Diplomat Cob & Forever Stem.
View attachment 132449
Glad I didn’t waste an expensive tobacco with this bowl. I’m tasting some acrylic glue or something from either the new pipe or the new stem. Never had a new cob or Forever Stem do this before. YUCK!

Jody
Was the inside of the bowl shiny and finished? I had a MM of the same as yours that was, tasted like crap for like 8 bowls. Should have sanded off the finish.

Stupid Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Was the inside of the bowl shiny and finished? I had a MM of the same as yours that was, tasted like crap for like 8 bowls. Should have sanded off the finish.

Stupid Tapatalk
Yeah, it had a black finish from the top about halfway down the bowl. I think I found the culprit though, where the stem comes through the bowl there was some type of glue all round the stem. Not sure if it’s where they glue in the wooden plug and someone used to much glue and the excess was mashed out or what. I got all of it scraped out but it still has some of that taste and smell. It may go away after several bowls but I don’t particularly want to smoke several bowls of that nasty tasting shit....LOL.

Jody

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Yeah, it had a black finish from the top about halfway down the bowl. I think I found the culprit though, where the stem comes through the bowl there was some type of glue all round the stem. Not sure if it’s where they glue in the wooden plug and someone used to much glue and the excess was mashed out or what. I got all of it scraped out but it still has some of that taste and smell. It may go away after several bowls but I don’t particularly want to smoke several bowls of that nasty tasting shit....LOL.

Jody
Smoke it with a turkey baster!

Stupid Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Smoke it with a turkey baster!

Stupid Tapatalk
Ha! I’ve never heard of that, might give that a try. Thanks. I did send tobaccopipes.com a message to see if they would swap it out for me, but haven’t heard back from them yet. Since it’s the weekend I figure it will be first of the week before I hear back from them. Thanks for the tip though.

Jody