What's new

What's in your bowl today

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Do you all smoke both cigars and pipes in the same day? I usually smoke one or the other...
Normally I will have a pipe in the morning and a cigar at night if time allows. Depends on amount of free time and my mood. Unfortunately due to stress and it's toll on my health I haven't been able to do either lately so I'm living vicariously through y'all

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Do you all smoke both cigars and pipes in the same day? I usually smoke one or the other...
I am not the Normal if you will, But I start my day most times with a cigar while I drink some coffee and load some pipes for the day. Some days it will be 3 or 4 maybe 5 different pipes. Set them in the Days rack to dry some. Then most times I smoke anywhere from 8 to 1- bowls of tobacco depending on the day and what I have going on. First i want to let it be known it has nothing to do with being Addicted to tobacco. It is a Hobby for me, and like my other hobby I like to do something everyday with it. Another Hobby is RC's and I can spend hours and days taking apart my RC's down to the Frame. If I feel the need I will replace parts at times even if they don't require replacement. I spend hours at the table with a pipe or Cigar in preps or just bashing around the yard.

Best of all worlds my wife likes my hobbies and takes part in them as well. She has her own RC's her own pipes and smokes a cigar every now and again not as often as she did when we first met. So it is all in fun days.

Oh so my answer is yes I smoke them Both Not every day but out of 30 I would say at least 19 days i will enjoy a cigar. I used to smoke Cigars 4+ a day. I turned to Pipes to cut down on my spending when I got married because it was just to costly to have all my joys. Nitro for the RC's are at 32 a gallon there are months that I can burn a gallon a week with my wife, son and I all bashing around. with fall coming that will go down to less then a gallon a month seeing we will be mostly messing with the Electric powered trucks..

I talk to much I know
James

Why my name has Revo

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I am not the Normal if you will, But I start my day most times with a cigar while I drink some coffee and load some pipes for the day. Some days it will be 3 or 4 maybe 5 different pipes. Set them in the Days rack to dry some. Then most times I smoke anywhere from 8 to 1- bowls of tobacco depending on the day and what I have going on. First i want to let it be known it has nothing to do with being Addicted to tobacco. It is a Hobby for me, and like my other hobby I like to do something everyday with it. Another Hobby is RC's and I can spend hours and days taking apart my RC's down to the Frame. If I feel the need I will replace parts at times even if they don't require replacement. I spend hours at the table with a pipe or Cigar in preps or just bashing around the yard.

Best of all worlds my wife likes my hobbies and takes part in them as well. She has her own RC's her own pipes and smokes a cigar every now and again not as often as she did when we first met. So it is all in fun days.

Oh so my answer is yes I smoke them Both Not every day but out of 30 I would say at least 19 days i will enjoy a cigar. I used to smoke Cigars 4+ a day. I turned to Pipes to cut down on my spending when I got married because it was just to costly to have all my joys. Nitro for the RC's are at 32 a gallon there are months that I can burn a gallon a week with my wife, son and I all bashing around. with fall coming that will go down to less then a gallon a month seeing we will be mostly messing with the Electric powered trucks..

I talk to much I know
James
Man I miss my rcs... Especially the nitro ones. For me, cigars and pipes are way more affordable which is why I don't have the rcs anymore

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
G-H&co black Irish X rope.

Holy Carp this is the most potent tobacco I've ever smoked. Flavor sucks though, not unlike a burnt burger.
Try the brown and mix I down with something u like...

The black is good as a mixer in small amounts but reminds me of something burnt
I was thinking ut would be more appropriate blended in small amounts. Alone was just too intense

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Pipes through the day; cigars at night. I average 3-5 bowls a day or 3 bowls and 1 cigar. Cigars are more and more a rarity for me over the last year and a half- not enough time. When I do smoke them now it's what I consider my higher end stuff or what I truly love or is traded/gifted. Just a transition in my hobby I guess...

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Time definately makes the difference to me. I don't have a problem smoking part of a bowl, walking away, and coming back to it a little later. Totally different mentality when it come to pulling out a cigar. I don't want to feel rushed when trying to relax.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Current three nuns blend in my big ben rhodie
What type of tobacco is Three Nuns? English right? Worth buying a few tins? I just read an e-mail from 4noggins saying they are on sale.
It's current incarnation is made by Mac Baren, and it's a VaBur English. The original Bell's was supposedly a VaPer, then Orlik bought the rights and made their own iteration. I have no experience with the latter two blends, but from what I've read the new one is more favored than the Orlik, but neither is as good as the original blend. I like it. It's smooth, has a good flavor, and I like the loose coins (strang-esque) it comes in. If I can ever find a tin of the original I'd pay a stupid price to try it and compare. I plan on buying a few more tins when the sale hits. I know there is some argument as to whether a burley gains anything from age, but I think the Virginia is pronounced enough that it's worth the effort at that price. Hope this helps.