What's new

What's so special about Padrons?

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
+ 100 for consistency. I have never had a problem with any Padron. If I see them at a decent price, I buy them. Also, I've never had any other cigar with those flavors, the coffee/chocolate you get from a Padron... worth every penny. They do a couple of things and they do them very well every time. Also, as bugbear wrote, there is no need to age any of the anniversary blends but you'll be rewarded handsomely if you age the thousand series, especially if you give them 5+ years.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I've tried most of the Padrons and taking price into consideration, the 1964s are fantastic. Flawless construction with great flavors. I would say it's the best cigar I've had at the price range.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
You won't hear anything new from me, but:

1. I love the flavor profile of a Padron Maduro. The 2000 maduro is pretty tasty. the 1964 maduro is my "benchmark" cigar for NCs. They taste good.

2. Construction -- I see others talking about consistency, but not specific to the flavors and quality of tobacco or the construction. Knock on wood, I have never had a padron with a construction or burn issue. NEVER! That is a crazy thing to say. I have hardly had to re-light one, even when neglected.

3. Immediate gratification -- By this I mean two things -- First, you do not have to sit them down for years or even months before they are ready to go. Second, they are available! No need to chase, get on a wait list, pay 100% over MSRP to get one or a box etc. The odd part about this is that it means that I do not stock/store many in the humi. I have 2/3 of a box of 2000 maduros and about 10-12 assorted anniversary sticks. If I want more, I'll just go get em.

Carry on!

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
The Biggest racquet in the industry. and I mean this with no ill will.
They can sell >$15 cigars and seemingly make tons of em simultaneously.

their high end stick are so insanely refined and smoke perfect, its nearly to the point of dull.
I also find these very one dimensional also.

Love the low end padronies - some are stellar coffee bombs.

imho

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
They're .....ok. Never had a bad one. Never had one and thought I needed to go out and buy another. I've tried most.....however....There is a Family Reserve 45 buried somewhere in my humis that might excite me...but I hope not.

Padron's are good. They're consistent. But they just don't ever really do it for me.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I actually got a pardon from Ara yesterday 1964 and I am letting them rest for a while as I've never had a pardon but based on the brothers on here they are beautiful sticks so ill wait on her for a bit before giving it a spin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Honestly with the 64 and 28 no need to rest (other than if your worried about humidity during shipment). They are perfect now. Had a few 28 and 64 I out down for a few years and u thought they lost something

IMO
The reason it's resting is because it was shipped to me and it's been pretty hot and dry here. So I'm giving it some rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently smoking Quesada Espana and really enjoying it but the best part is it's only $8, if you can find anymore of them.
Just as a note, you should be able to find your fill of Quesada Espana and as I know, they have no plans to discontinue production.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I'm currently smoking Quesada Espana and really enjoying it but the best part is it's only $8, if you can find anymore of them.
Just as a note, you should be able to find your fill of Quesada Espana and as I know, they have no plans to discontinue production.
That's great news. I bought a box to smoke but i've been limiting how many I smoke.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I picked up couple of Anniversary, Family Reserve and Serie 1926 Padrons and they've been sitting in my humidor for a while now, just never got around to trying them, but what makes these so special? And is it really worth the premium $?
I have only had one or two padrons(not sure what kind, it was a while ago) and they are great smokes. They really do have a taste unique to them. As for the price, They a little pricey for myself. But sometimes a great smoke is worth the price tag.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I've smoked my fair share of Padron 64, 26, Family Reserva and the 000 line.

For me, the thing that makes them worth it (at least the pricier ones) is what I can only call "the mystery." It may just be my taste buds, but there is an inherent mystery to the flavor profile that no matter how much I try to focus in on what "it" is, I can never really define it.

That is something I also find in a lot of the Illusione line. I think, at least for me, that's a big part of the allure.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
My local B&M has every Padron they make....really, they are totally stoked on them. Their selling point is also consistency, they're always good. Having smoked at least one of most of their blends, the Family Reserve 44 Natural is simply the most sublime cigar there is IMHO. Worth the $$. Opus is very tasty, and I love them just as much, but they're not nearly as consistent from stick to stick. The guys there also mentioned Jessica as a Padron selling point...unfortunately I didn't get to meet her!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're great for if you're looking to spend extra on a cigar for the sake of spending extra... Not much else, IMO

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Smoked a lot of 26s and 64s, though not many in the last year or two. I wil;l say this, I believe every one I ever smoked was perfectly constructed. Whether their flavor profile is worth the price....that's subjective, for some yes and for others, no. If that profile is in your wheelhouse, then it's probably a yes for you.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Best coffee infused stick on the market. They are worth every penny. The 1000's are the best value.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I love padron. Some of their sticks are pricey, but there are plenty of other pricey sticks that do not come close in my opinion. Construction is always great, even on the thousand series. Everyone has their own tastes for sure.