What's new

What's so special about Padrons?

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I agree with many of the others bros here.

Padron = consistency. Cuban cigar lovers can only dream of Padron-like consistency, in both construction and overall results.

I also agree that the 1964, 1926, and Family Reserve lines need no additional aging and are ready to smoke right away. That's not to say that you might not like them even more with age, but they are awesome on day 1.

Also, the x000 series and the "regular" lines do age incredibly well. A $3 Londres with a few years of rest becomes a dang fine cigar. The x000 series with around 4-years of rest tastes a LOT like the 1964s without all the pepper (for me, the pepper is what I like about the '64s, and the spiciness of the '26s, but for those who find those too full-bodied, an aged x000 series might be perfect!).

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
yeah i have to say what everyone else has they are one consistent stick and i haven't had a bad one
but on that same note if you looking for complexity and flavor changes then it may not be the stick for you. I happen to like that its flavor profile is always the same because i know what i am getting and know what i am going to be enjoying. if i don't know what to pull out of the humi that day it most likely ends up being a padron or lfd

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
That's interesting to note on the x000 series. Ill have to give that a try. Thanks for the info njstone.

I agree with many of the others bros here.

Padron = consistency. Cuban cigar lovers can only dream of Padron-like consistency, in both construction and overall results.

I also agree that the 1964, 1926, and Family Reserve lines need no additional aging and are ready to smoke right away. That's not to say that you might not like them even more with age, but they are awesome on day 1.

Also, the x000 series and the "regular" lines do age incredibly well. A $3 Londres with a few years of rest becomes a dang fine cigar. The x000 series with around 4-years of rest tastes a LOT like the 1964s without all the pepper (for me, the pepper is what I like about the '64s, and the spiciness of the '26s, but for those who find those too full-bodied, an aged x000 series might be perfect!).

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
A PAM 1964 Principe with a little age (few months to a year) is like smoking a Hersheys chocolate bar. Damn good size IMO. Try the smaller sizes and see if you get the same experience I do.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Working my way through a box of londres maduro, great inexpensive short smoke. I need to get a box to age for a couple of years but staying out of it will be a problem. The 1926's are sublime IMO right out of the box

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have t even read all the answers to this. But I can say quality and consistency are what comes to mind. These are incredible smokes and should not be missed by even the most novice smoker.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Are they worth the price? I am not trying to be flippant, but only you can answer that. I could not smoke them as regular smokes, but they are always dead on in regard to consistency. I personally cannot shell out $20+ dollars for a cigar, as none has ever - EVER - impressed me so much that $20 is worth the price of admission. Too many cigars in the under $20 range that are just as good.

I do thoroughly enjoy the '64 & '26 lines and watch for specials on them so that I can stock up. What is interesting is that they do not sport the most gorgeous wrappers out there. In fact, they are often quite ugly, but they are always well-rolled and the flavors are incredibly consistent and are definitely in my wheelhouse so to speak - spicy, sweet, hints of cocoa, and always with a nice complexity.

For an incredibly consistent cigar and tasty cigar, I also enjoy their regular line. Some of the same qualities are there. And if you can age them, they only get better.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I had a 1926 that's been sitting in my humidor for about a year now and it was fantastic! I don't remember enjoying the 1926 as much as I did today.

But towards the last 1/3 of the cigar, it got bitter and wasn't staying lit. I let it sit for 5 minutes and smoked fine. Is this normal?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats odd, 60% of the time it works evry time...
The padron x000 is what I would offer someone who was looking to get into cigars....just solid....

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Just had my first Padron 26 over the memorial weekend and it was perfect.

Taste wise, the stick was tasty and smooth, great smoke output as well.
Construction was also great. I'm a fan!