What's new

What's the weirdest term you've heard to describe how a cigar tastes

d-boy

Zach Emerson DeBoy
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
What's the weirdest term you've heard to describe how a cigar tastes?

Okay, so I'm smoking a cigar with my dad watching the braves and asked him how his cigar was. He said it tastes like a cigar... Lol, so I asked if it was mild/smooth/bold/etc.. And he said "It tastes kinda startchy" ? Haha I don't know what that even tastes like but it made me think about starting this.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Pencil lead. It was cigar aficionado. I don't even hate them like some guys do, but that was weird

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2 because, you know, I love Tapatalk 2.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Mushrooms. Then after I smoked my first Davidoff, I thought. ... yeah, mushroom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

d-boy

Zach Emerson DeBoy
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Haha all those beat my dads. Especially the pencil lead... 😂

I still don't understand the point all the intricate descriptions from cigar reviews. I swear the reviewers taste palate must be on steroids to taste, a hint of lemon, grass, chocolate, hickory, coffee, etc... All in one cigar lol.

KGD

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
[video=youtube;rz5pmXAxRss]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz5pmXAxRss[/video]

party shorts - the taste of crushed ants...

which is a common term I guess in Australia, when relating to odor and taste in wines. Relative to the smell you get when literally crushing ants - a scent of folic acid, released when you literally crush some ants.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I've totally tasted pencil lead. I think it's what some other folks describe as mineral, or metallic, perhaps.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I have had cigars that have definitely had meaty notes to me before, the Cromagnon Knuckle Dragger I think was one of them. The weirdest for me was a crayon flavor. I ate a couple crayons when I was a kid so there is the answer to the question you were thinking. Although I haven't had any wood glue notes yet.... Hmmmm...

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I've totally tasted pencil lead. I think it's what some other folks describe as mineral, or metallic, perhaps.
OK. I get this. Good point.

What's killing me is the roast pork and corn flakes! :what:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2 because, you know, I love Tapatalk 2.