What's new

What's your favorite Cutter?

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I used to use a punch a lot, but lately I’ve been using my Colibri Cut, it’s always worked like a charm. Need to pick another one up sometime, either that or an Xikar. The V cutters look interesting too, might have to pick one up sometime.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I used to use a punch a lot, but lately I’ve been using my Colibri Cut, it’s always worked like a charm. Need to pick another one up sometime, either that or an Xikar. The V cutters look interesting too, might have to pick one up sometime.
Haven't used the punch quite as much since I got started on the v cut. You can get a decent cheapie on Amazon for $8 works fine, but a bit shallow. The colibri v is fantastic, as I'm sure the xicar is as well.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
The one reason to buy Xiar is no B.S. warranty, get it to them, they fix or replace, no big long process. Friend is retired U.S.A. Helicopter Pilot, he had a XIKAR Low End Single Torch. It honestly was destroyed to the point flame adjusting wheel was gone, it look like it had seen war. I jokingly said sent to XIKAR for repair, he said what? I explained.

He did it was replaced with new lighter, oh yes he was out $3.00 for postage to XIKAR. THQT is all.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I'll toss out another vote for Cuban Crafter's Perfect Cutter. Works great and lifetime guarantee. I like the idiot proof backing plate, almost like it is made for me.
I think the Cuban Crafter is good in low, or no light. God for when I forget my reading glasses.

Xikar has some great cutter, great warranty.

Most of the other who say they have warranty are like a year or two, and attach too many strings to my personal liking.

Lotus Group is a company that is all about making any warranty impossible because of fine print.

Make a good product, stand behind your product with good service, and a warranty. SIMPLE as 1, 2, 3! JMHO

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an opportunity to buy a Arturo Fuente limited edition xicar cutter its numbered 409. Need help determining what a fair price is for it. It's part of a package deal a guy is getting other stuff with it it doesn't want the cutter. He said he got it from this person at what the original cost that they were. HELP, I won't a great price and wanna be fair 2nd.

Attachments

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have an opportunity to buy a Arturo Fuente limited edition xicar cutter its numbered 409. Need help determining what a fair price is for it. It's part of a package deal a guy is getting other stuff with it it doesn't want the cutter. He said he got it from this person at what the original cost that they were. HELP, I won't a great price and wanna be fair 2nd.
I paid $119 for mine at my local B&M.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never use a mechanic let device when I was young, we did not have Cigar Cutters back then. Teeth was the method.:smug:

Then I move up to a sharp serrated knife. Spyderco Rescue Jr. Cuts a nice notch, or "V" and is just handy. :censored:

View attachment 107421

Today it XIKAR Xi3, Xi2, mostly. (y)
Never use a mechanic let device when I was young, we did not have Cigar Cutters back then. Teeth was the method.:smug:

Then I move up to a sharp serrated knife. Spyderco Rescue Jr. Cuts a nice notch, or "V" and is just handy. :censored:

View attachment 107421

Today it XIKAR Xi3, Xi2, mostly. (y)
The Perfect Cutter...none better!

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I love my Colibri V-Cut but I am going to look at the new VS Cut to see if its worth it or just carrying my other cheap straight cut when I need it. Otherwise I can always fall back on my knife if I forget it, which always works great.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Haven't used the punch quite as much since I got started on the v cut. You can get a decent cheapie on Amazon for $8 works fine, but a bit shallow. The colibri v is fantastic, as I'm sure the xicar is as well.
I have found that I like the Colibri V much better I feel that the Xikar cuts great but the profile of their V is much more shallow.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Colibri V-Cut but I am going to look at the new VS Cut to see if its worth it or just carrying my other cheap straight cut when I need it.
Otherwise I can always fall back on my knife if I forget it, which always works great.
Thx I have been deciding what I wanted in a V cutter. Just ordered the Colibri V cutter. Cool ! Thx Burnaz16

Attachments

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Thx I have been deciding what I wanted in a V cutter. Just ordered the Colibri V cutter. Cool ! Thx Burnaz16
You won't regret it! Much better to me personally than the Xikar. The only real downside versus the Xikar is the lifetime warranty but the Colibri's are made really well anyway and for the $30 bucks if anything happens you can just grab a newer one.