What's new

What's your guilty pleasure?

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Ive got a cabinet full of "premium" hooch.. probably 30 bottles of everything ranging from high end single malts to super premiums rums, premium vodkas, tequilas, etc....

wanna know what the #1 thing I reach for over the last year has been?

Rev B's apple pie... Ive been through a half a dozen jars (havent drank it all myself.. I have shared it quite a bit with friends, family, etc..)....

Glad I know where to get more.. its bar none my #1 go to libation these days... (from a guy thats not really much of a drinker at all...but keeps a fully stocked liquor cabinet for some odd reason lol...)...

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Well, if "guilty pleasure" means something that you're slightly embarrassed about admitting you like, I'll 'fess up and say "Chocovine".

A buddy and I were in the liquor store buying a bunch of (good) wine. We saw it on the shelf and decided to get a bottle for my wife as a joke. We opened it later and really enjoyed it. It's basically a liqueur made with wine but it's pretty yummy.

Rating - 100%
262   0   0
While there's no question we have some connoisseurs on this forum for beers, spirits, and vinos... I'm wondering: what is your guilty pleasure libation?

I have two.

1. JD Old No. 7. As much as I love finer whiskeys, this will always hold a special place in my heart. Erich Church said it best, "that black label is like black powder for my soul."

2. Pina Colada + Bailey's. This was discovered by mistake. My sister had a destination wedding in Mexico. One member of our party ordered one of these, intending for the bartender to replace the rum with bailey's. Instead, they supplemented it. It sounds girly, but it's like crack. Seriously. Over the course of THREE DAYS, our small group of people (I think there was 8 of us) drank an entire Mexican resort out of their rum and Bailey's.
JD No 7 it is.... it is my go to whether I am at home, at the bar, or on the golf course! I'll be in lynchburg this weekend taking the tour for the 10th time...

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
If I go somewhere and they make Pina Coladas on the rocks with all real ingredient (not pre mix crap) then I get one.

One of the bartenders at my watering hole made a drink up called a Coconut Chrissy, its pink and frothy, I drink it anyways.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I know I said fireball, but honestly its BBC television shows..... awful awful obsession
Dude. Forrreeaaals.

My alcohol guilty pleasure is a hot toddy. Black tea, honey, lemon juice, and whisky. It'll cure what ails ya!

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
LOOOOONG before wild turkey american honey was a thing, i split 50/50 a decent turkey (like russel reserve or rare breed) with gran marnier. the sticky sweet orange tempered the bourbon bite, and godDAM if it dodn't make you snow proof!

at least that night...