What's new

What's your hobby?

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Today in class, we got to discussing what everyone's hobbies were - and I found it to be very interesting and fun. If you feel like discussing your favorite hobby/hobbies, go right ahead.

1. Obviously cigars.
2. Shooting sports. I LIVE for IDPA and USPSA, and will be doing 3-Gun Nation once it's available around me. I used to shoot on a trap team with my dad, and am also starting to get interested in carbines and long-range precision shooting.
3. Video games. Specifically COD. It's like electronic chess to me, just the opponents change every game.
4. Movies. LOVE EM LOVE EM LOVE EM. I will see movies multiple times in theaters, and them buy them on DVD. Yep, I'm that person.
5. Research. I find random topics and will spend hours - days - weeks - months - years learning as much as I can about it. Some stuff is fun learning about.

What's YOUR hobby?

Rating - 100%
133   0   0
I have a few.

My #1 is kiteboarding. It's one of the more addicting things I've ever done.

#2 is racing my car.

#3 is chasing that little white ball around for 18 holes.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ok..i'll go next..

1-obvious.. we're in this forum right?
2-As my avatar points out, I'm a sax player, so I tend to spend alot of time/money/effort to perfect the art...
3 - Video games do if for me too... I love the FPS games, and am currently playing Mass Effect 2 - I tend to do more PC games than Console as I travel, and its hard to lug an xbox360 in your luggage...
4 - Random other things that cost way too much money that I will one day be able to afford... (that is after getting my kids out of college) - Flying and Old Cars are on the top of the list.

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
1. Any and all things computers (technology, software, hardware, etc.)
2. Shooting
3. Golf
4. Fishing
5. Recently getting into the world of fine whisky and craft beer

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I refer to them more as my Passions....

Blues Music
Cigars
Craft Beer

....in no particular order!

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Agree with the passions part..

1. Building computers
2. Paintball
3. Cigars
4. Guns, been getting into collecting and reloading, just picked up a cheapo 7mm rifle to shoot. Along with the 12ga, 357 snub nose, and mosin nagant

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Seems like I have been lacking in the hobby department lately.

Cigars
Anything Beer. Brewing my own, craft beers, studying styles and researching everything.
Football and tailgating. GO UTES.

I need a few more but work is kicking my ass lately.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
1. Cigars
2. Reading
3. Learning - currently a graduate student
4. Football - Go Eagles!

Classes start next week so #3 will soon be #1, etc.

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Cigars!
Reading - a mix of fiction and history these days
Gaming - I like action RPGs like Fallout: NV and Oblivion

Rating - 100%
62   0   1
I refer to them more as my Passions....

Blues Music
Cigars
Craft Beer

....in no particular order!
Larry! Blues? Really? I would happily play, listen to, and study blues for the rest of my life. For peanuts. Which is usually what I make for playing blues. My last tour in Korea, I met up with an all Korean, guitar based blues band. The bass player, by day a highly respected law professor, was the only one who spoke English. The guitarist/singer/front man learned his lyrics one syllable at a time. I "auditioned" with them one night, and by the third tune they introduced me as their new keyboard player. Fast forward a few weeks, and they had stopped calling. So, I go to the club where they are playing, and ask if I've been fired. They tell me, no, we just can't afford to pay you....(they are really very good, just not a lot of money to be made playing blues in Seoul, and they were embarrassed at not being able to pay me what I was worth). Long story short, I played with these cats for free for a year, 'cuz it was so damn much fun. That said, my hobbies are Larry's hobbies! Oh, yeah, I really love to read, too.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Seems like I have been lacking in the hobby department lately.
Me too, it's actually why I started this thread. While at school, I can't do my shooting sports. My internet at my apartment is garbage, so I can't play video games. Smoking cigars is starting to become problematic as I have to walk ~20 minutes minimum to find any place to sit down and have a smoke.

So I've been bored out of my freaking mind lately. Just sitting in my apartment twiddling my thumbs, hoping to hear back from some place I put in a job application at. I'm hoping some post here will spark the OOOO I SHOULD DO THAT reaction. lol

Rating - 100%
62   0   1
M-Dub......ever thought about jogging? Throw on an ipod with your favorite stuff and go. It's a great way to clear your head, and if you happen to be anywhere near a college, a great way to ogle chicks.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
M-Dub......ever thought about jogging? Throw on an ipod with your favorite stuff and go. It's a great way to clear your head, and if you happen to be anywhere near a college, a great way to ogle chicks.
He goes to University of Minnesota. I don't think there are any chicks to ogle. :hysterica

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I actually run quite a bit now. Not as much as I used to (my 1000th post contest for those who remember), but enough to keep me in shape. No ogleing for me, I've got a lady of my own.

He goes to University of Minnesota. I don't think there are any chicks to ogle. :hysterica
Correct. See above.