What's new

What's your latest firearms purchase?

Growley Monster

Proud Creator of the Imperfecto
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My last complete acquisition was actually a home build, a mil spec 1911 from an 80% aluminum frame. Came out great, sweet shooter. Working on an AR 80% right now but I thought I could use my drill press for the milling. Ended up using Dremel and sanding drums but it is coming along. I will probably finish it next week. I have all the lower assembly parts, and my upper assembly is already put together.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My last complete acquisition was actually a home build, a mil spec 1911 from an 80% aluminum frame. Came out great, sweet shooter. Working on an AR 80% right now but I thought I could use my drill press for the milling. Ended up using Dremel and sanding drums but it is coming along. I will probably finish it next week. I have all the lower assembly parts, and my upper assembly is already put together.
Use a router if you have one

Growley Monster

Proud Creator of the Imperfecto
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use a router if you have one
Thanks, and yeah got one but it's a cheapie. Anyway I am getting it. Also just got a backup 80% in case I hose this one up. Thinking about getting the Harbor Freight mini mill, actually, for other reasons. I like that it uses R8 instead of some goofy proprietary taper, and has a standard drawbar thread.